Things that piss you off Page 1,581

Quote: paulted @ 24th February 2015, 7:16 PM GMT

when you mention something about hearing or deafness and someone says, "What?" like they just invented the joke. Oh the hilarity.....

Haven't heard that one. >_<

Or when you cut a slice out of a cake and someone points to the big part and says 'that's my bit, what's everyone else having'.

Or as they are otherwise known, dad jokes.

When I am sawing and I can't see the needle.

Quote: Mike Wilson @ 24th February 2015, 8:28 PM GMT

When I am sawing and I can't see the needle.

? Is that a term for shooting up that I haven't heard of?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2015, 9:11 PM GMT

? Is that a term for shooting up that I haven't heard of?

I actually do some sawing, the needle is small, I can't see it. I have to put glasses on to do it.

Ah! A needle saw - what are you doing? Watchmaking?

The way so many British films feel like so many others. It's as if they're unable to do anything new.

Films like Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, just a luvviefest for the actors concerned. Same old faces doing their usual thing. "The script, I just knew the moment I saw it..."."The director has worked so hard". "This cast is the best ever and have such generosity" Blah blah blah

Quote: paulted @ 25th February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

Films like Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, just a luvviefest for the actors concerned. Same old faces doing their usual thing. "The script, I just knew the moment I saw it..."."The director has worked so hard". "This cast is the best ever and have such generosity" Blah blah blah

As ever was - I remember fondly the Spitting Image puppets of Dear Larry and Dear Johnny. Laughing out loud

Quote: paulted @ 25th February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

Well I wouldn't want to go so far as to say such a film is virtually a vehicle to showcase the luvvies, nor would I want to say that the script is completely scewed towards depicting gratuitous displays of emotion rather than an engrossing story.
But I would say that I prefer actors to be there to serve the film, rather then the film be there to serve the actors.

Quote: Mike Wilson @ 24th February 2015, 9:24 PM GMT

I actually do some sawing, the needle is small, I can't see it. I have to put glasses on to do it.

Perhaps you mean sewing (soughing) ? Cool

I don't like it that they cancelled the show Utopia! Anyone else watch that?

Never noticed it before or gave it a thought until I became an old fart; but people who say someone is "xx years young" >_< What a stupid and patronising phrase that is. NO!!! I am 70 years old NOT young. Now f**k off.

When ask someone if they want to do go out for dinner or a drink and they say no because they have a busy day and will just be going home. That's fine.....but when I send you a message to ask how your busy day was, don't message me back to say you are out doing the exact thing you told me you didn't want to. Especially when I know I asked first.

Haven't you got the message yet?