Comedy Records Page 5

Quote: David Carmon @ November 25 2010, 10:22 PM GMT

I can listen to it but not download :( will send a message.

This is worth a poke.

http://www.highcriteria.com/

Records anything that goes through your soundcard.

I normally use Audacity, it's free to download and again records from your sound card. It also has some great editing tools.

Quote: Liëka @ October 1 2009, 8:42 PM GMT

And, less well known, Vic did Abide With Me too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4fLpzD8iQ

He did indeed, 'Abide With Me':

and the B side, a cover of the Deep Purple track, 'Black Night':

I love Vic's singing.
In fact, when John Barry died it just made me think of Vic's rendition of Born Free.

Once had an LP (that's how we used to listen to music pre CDs & MP3s for you youngsters) by Prof Stanley Unwin called Rotatey Diskers. An elderly aunt gave it to me. I didn't really understand it then as I was only very ickle but would dearly love to have it now.

Yours for £2-99 from Amazon!

Go on have drink too many one night and order it:
See Amazon product listing

Quote: zooo @ February 9 2011, 12:36 AM GMT

I love Vic's singing.
In fact, when John Barry died it just made me think of Vic's rendition of Born Free.

Like I wouldn't let that pass by without another gratuitous comedy record shot, oh please! Can't you just smell the vinyl:

Heh. Look at his lovely Brylcreemed hair.

Vic Reeves' I Will Cure You was an excellent comedy song album! A particular favourite of mine was sexy swing jazz number 'I Remember Punk Rock' (which featured a whistling solo by Mr Jonathan Ross, no less). :)

I have that album somewhere.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 9 2011, 2:28 AM GMT

Vic Reeves' I Will Cure You was an excellent comedy song album! A particular favourite of mine was sexy swing jazz number 'I Remember Punk Rock' (which featured a whistling solo by Mr Jonathan Ross, no less). :)

I've just downloaded that album off of iTunes. I'm keen on "Meals on Wheels" and "Empty Kennel".

Quote: Agnes Guano @ October 1 2010, 1:17 PM GMT

I bought an mp3 turntable from Richer Sounds (The Numark ttUSB - around £70) and would thoroughly recommend it. The editing software that comes with it can instantly remove all but the most stubborn clicks and hisses, you can play around with levels and equalisers and the like and you can save the mp3s with whatever rates of compression you want, or as wavs if you don't want any loss of quality.

Thanks. I will buy one. In addition to a pile of comedy records, I am also keen to convert my old Edward Woodward records to mp3, as his stuff is not available on CD (and probably not on iTunes).

Ah yes good old Edward. I have these ones. He certainly got a lot of use out of his brick fireplace.

I like the look of the last one! Saucy.

Has anyone mentioned the Derek and Clive albums by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore yet?

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 10 2011, 11:58 PM GMT

Ah yes good old Edward. I have these ones,he certainly got a lot of use out of his brick fireplace.

The only other one I have is:

which opens up like a photo album and contains the hauntingly futile The Windmills of Your Mind.

Last year I bought for 50 cents a Chas and Dave album called Well Pleased autographed by the two of them. I thought I had chanced upon something valuable but then discovered their autographed records/CDs sell for about $7 on eBay.