Comedy Records Page 10

Not the Nine O'Clock News stuff:

The eponymous 1980 début album:

1981's 'Hedgehog Sandwich' - both of the first two albums reached number 5 in the charts:

'The Memory Kinda Lingers' - a double album, one disc was studio material, the other was taken from a live concert:

A few solo releases, first a charting effort from Rowan Atkinson featuring lots of Richard Curtis stuff - 'Live in Belfast/:

From their BBC series - 'Alas Smith and Jones':

From 1986 and no longer on BBC Records - 'Scratch and Sniff':

'Bitter and Twisted' complete with warning about rude words!:

Has anyone mentioned John Otway?

Incidentally Jilted John by Jilted John (John Shuttleworth) is worth a mention.

Also has anyone else heard Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias? Or Portsmouth Symphonia?

Steve Martin's best comedy album:

I found this one in a Hammersmith charity shop:

I deliberately haven't bought American comedy records (what with the house being full of tat as it is) but if I find a treasure like this lurking in a forgotten plastic charity bin amongst all the Elkie Brooks and James Last albums, well, I just had to give it a good home. Bob Newhart is the only other American artist whose records I have, though I am occasionally tempted to track down some Allan Sherman.

I've got that, and of course this, with its iconic front cover:

Quote: Chappers @ March 11 2011, 4:45 PM GMT

Incidentally Jilted John by Jilted John (John Shuttleworth) is worth a mention

No and yes! Otway is still gigging every day of the year, a very busy man especially as he bills himself as 'Rock's Greatest Failure'.

Also has anyone else heard Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias? Or Portsmouth Symphonia?

Alberto, I have. The Symphonia, no. Chris Lee from Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias wrote 'When We Were Thin' a very entertaining memoir of his time on the Manchester music scene. He's now a university lecturer! http://www.smmp.salford.ac.uk/about/staff/profile.php?id=7

Wow, that is intersting, I love John Shuttleworth, listened on radio.
Never mainstream now , shame ,as there is alot of rubbish.
Do you remember Les Barker and Mrs Arkwright? Fabulously funny, especially 'Jason and the Arguements'. Laughs galore, wish I could give online connect stuff.
Alas I'm not techy, but if we want genuine 'old fashioned' comedy, this IS the stuff of gentle chortles! :P

A few Dad's Army vinyl artefacts

Dad's Army - Original TV recording

Dad's Army - Original Cast Recording from the 1970 stage show

Arthur Lowe - Bless 'Em All

Clive Dunn - Grandad Requests 'Permission to Sing Sir'

A few Morecambe and Wise bits and bobs,

'Bring You Sunshine':

'Get Out of That!':

From the BBC Years, 'It's Morecambe and Wise':

As above but with an alternative cover:

More from the Beeb, 'So, What do you think of the show so far?'

An Evening with Ernie Wise at Eric Morecambe's Place:

And while we're on double acts

The Two Ronnies - 'Jehosophat and Jones':

'The Best Of'

And another one:

And yet more Best Of!:

And flying solo, Ronnie Barker - 'Unbroken British Record':

Plus Ronnie in 'Porridge':

And a link to Up Cat Pole Cat - Jehosophat and Jones if anyone wants a listen: http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/up-cat-pole-cat

Incidentally Jilted John by Jilted John (John Shuttleworth) is worth a mention.

;) Yes has been mentioned by me last week, also a big cheer to the very controversial 'Derek and Clive Live', not for the easily offended!

My eight year old son's first attempt at making a video, The Young Ones' Living Doll happened to come on the radio at just the right moment while he was fooling around with the monkey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBHOHGxfDAo

Aw.
I actually watched the whole thing!
I liked when he (I think?) joined in singing at the end.

Quote: zooo @ March 19 2011, 11:46 PM GMT

I liked when he (I think?) joined in singing at the end.

Thanks Zooo. Yes, that's him singing at the end in the voice he uses for the monkey, he was running out of dance moves half way along and his hands were on show most of the time but the singing at the end makes it worth the watch, lol.