Comedy Records Page 15

There definitely was! Even Jim Bowen got in on the act:

:P You certainly have a wide 'shop window'! The need to expose at large dimensions is, quite another subject!

Cannot you ask Aaron to reduce your circumference somewhat?...

I guess the spate of rapping was perhaps because rap records needed so little arranging or composing. Luckily for you all I don't own Morris Minor and the Major's 'Stutter Rap' or Roland Rat's 'Rat Rapping'.

And another Spitting Image record picked up over the weekend. Rochester is a place that rejoices in lame Dickensian puns and cheap yet wonderful second hand tat.

Spitting Image - 'The Chicken Song':

Quote: Agnes Guano @ April 20 2011, 9:15 PM BST

Random stuff of a vaguely 80s nature...

Spitting Image - 'Santa Claus is on the Dole':

I thought he was self-employed...

Quote: Agnes Guano @ May 6 2011, 11:18 PM BST

Rochester is a place that rejoices in lame Dickensian puns and cheap yet wonderful second hand tat.

Wasn't he also Jack Benny's butler?

Quote: Griff @ May 7 2011, 12:01 AM BST

Were these puppets spoofs of specific 80s celebs? I'm trying to place them... they're all eerily familiar but unidentifiable...

Oh and I've just been reading some more of your blog entries. I hope you are touting it to publishers. A book of your record covers and accompanying essays would sell like hot cakes if it was properly marketed.

Thanks for the compliments! One day soon perhaps...

I assumed the one on the left was a Sarah Brightman puppet with a blonde wig on.

And I think the two blokes on the top were generic tabloid hacks, usually wearing shabby suits and different wigs, that always seemed to appear every few weeks.

Anyway a few more records for you, witness me clutching at some random pluckings from my always copious gander bag:

Les Dawson - 'An Evening with Les Dawson'

Les Dawson - 'Laugh With Les':

John Inman - 'I'm Free':

John Inman - 'With a Bit of Brass':

John Inman - 'Are You Being Served Sir?':

Bernard Cribbins - 'A Combination of Cribbins':

Bernard Cribbins - 'The Best Of':

:P OH lordy, I thought you said 'ginger bag'. Honestly without specs I have lots of miss-spelling fun, shall I share Dellas another 'Miss-spelling fun day?...

Those Tracey Ulman albums are not comedy albums but covers of loads of pop songs.

Quote: Griff @ May 8 2011, 11:08 PM BST

Sometimes I wonder about you Chappers. Have you not been following this thread at all?

Not really. So much goes on in my absence I can't be arsed to catch up. Oh well....

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2009, 5:07 PM BST

Charlie Jasper Carrot - Funky Moped/The Magic Roundabout
The Goodies - Funky Gibbon (and a number of others)

Very Good ;o)

I do enjoy...

Alexie Sayle: Ullo John, Gotta New Motor
Alexie Sayle: Didn't you kill my brother
Derek and Clive: Live
Flight of the Conchords: I Told You I Was Freaky by
K*** & The Game: I have a little w*** & I have a little cry
Shannon Matthews: The Musical <--- still avalible @ amazon.co.uk

Great thread, this. I have now started collecting British comedy vinyl records and will post some pics of the more obscure examples I can find as soon as I learn how to (I'm a complete dunce at computer buggerythingy). Rolling eyes

Have we mentioned the following?

12 days of Christmas - Jasper Carrot

Winkers song (misprint) - Ivor Biggun.

Incidentally heard National Express by Divine Comedy today and I still hate his smugness and superiority complex.

The cover of that LP by John Inman (Are You Being Served, Sir?) is quite interesting. It looks like the real John Inman in the white suit is trying to disassociate himself from his camp persona.