Frank Sidebottom - 5:9:88:

Spitting Image - Great Golden Gobs:

Peter Cook - Here Comes the Judge Live in Concert:

Barron Knights - Knights of Laughter:

Barron Knights - Teach the World to Laugh:

Adge Cutler and the Wurzels - Family Album:

Adge Cutler and the Wurzels:

Goodies - Beastly Record:

I don't think a Wombles record I picked up will trump any of those.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ March 29 2011, 10:16 AM BST

A few Max Miller discs. There are some really good routines on these records, if you've never hear Max in full flow you are missing a treat. Few people could work an audience like Max and his skills at delivering a joke are sublime. People often concentrate on the garish outfits and blue material but the way he could take an audience into his confidence and involve them in everything he said is a thing to behold.

All Good Stuff, Lady!

In the Theatre

That's Nice Maxie

The Cheeky Chappie!

You Can't Help Liking Him

The Wombles were a very serious and earnest lot weren't they?

I also picked up another Max Miller - The Cheekie Chappie Sings:

Just a few brief and hopefully interesting items for you perusal. First, proving that not everyone from the Comic Strip went on to be a Hampstead dwelling luvvy

Fantastic Trimmer and Jenkins - Live! From London's Fabulous Comic Strip:

And a youthful looking bunch of comedians, featuring a punk Mulville and a very hairy McGrath

Rory McGrath, Griff Rhys Jones, Jimmy Mulville, Clive Anderson, Martin Bergman - An Evening Without

Quote: Agnes Guano @ July 21 2011, 10:20 PM BST

And while we're here, I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this show. A friend picked the record up for me recently and I must admit it seems to have completely passed me by, I have never heard of this apparently award-winning LWT series.

Pink Medicine - The Pink Medicine Album

I have. I've even got an episode or two, somewhere.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ August 17 2011, 9:10 AM BST

Aww. I used to love watching that on TV. <3
Wonder if it's available on DVD.

Agnes, don't suppose you've digitised any of the Max records? Would love copies...

PM on its way sir.

I have been on a bit of a road trip recently and did my best to pick up as much obscure vinyl as I could while the missus wasn't watching. I've done a number of charity shops and record shops a real favour by relieving them of stock they thought they'd never shift, so here you go, a few more odds and ends to share.

Lenny Henry (as Theophilus P Wildebeeste) and Dee Dee Wilde - Don't Even Think About It:

Goodies - The Goodies Greatest:

Lenny Henry (as Delbert Wilkins) - Crucial Times:

To my shame I remember finding Noel's crank phone calls hilarious back in the day. In my defence I was about eight, but still, I really should have known better. Oh well, some Norwich based charity shop has benefited from this purchase. Tonight a cat eats solid food because of my nostalgic craving to hear Noel Edmonds behave like a tit.

Noel Edmonds - Noel's Funny Phone Calls 2:

I have only recently discovered his works but what an utter genius. Like a Yorkshire Noel Coward with wit, insight, intelligence and cynicism.

Jake Thackray - Bantam Cock:

His autobiography is one of the best showbiz comedy ones I have ever read, but then he has led one hell of a life.

Roy Chubby Brown - The 4 Faces of Chubby Brown:

More Ullmann. Tracey Ullmann - Breakaway:

Quote: Aaron @ October 15 2011, 12:58 AM BST

Agnes, don't suppose you've digitised any of the Max records? Would love copies...

Oh, sh*t !

When you say comedy records do you mean a collection of sketches or the like? In which I would have to say Bob Newhart, any of his records of monolouges, but the Walter Raliegh one stands out and the driving instructor.

If you mean records as in songs, seriously is there any that can compare to Ernie by Benny Hill, I heard it recently on the car radio and couldn't get out untill the song finished, it's the first time I'd heard it for years.

J26

I got EastEnders theme LP.
Reg Varney at Abbey Road Live 88 LP.
Steptoe & Son at Buckingham Palace vinyl.
On The Buses 1st film LP vinyl.
Postman Pat theme vinyl.
Roland Rat vinyl.
Porridge LP.

And loads more.

Edited by Aaron - spelling and grammar.

I'm not sure it travels over the border but it was his first and most excellent. 'We All Had Doctors Papers' was the second but not as good sadly.

Oooh a thread created by myself which has lasted for more than 6 posts :) success!

And as long as the nation's charity shops keep me supplied with fresh vinyl chops, I see no reason not to keep it going! Here are some recent finds. The Keith Chegwin isn't strictly comedy but you'd be hard pressed to call it music.

Jon Pertwee - Sings Songs for Vulgar Boatmen:

Larry Grayson - What a Gay Day:

Nigel Planer - Neil's Heavy Concept Album:

Jeff and Keith Chegwin - More To Love:

More choice chestnuts for November. I have found a few battered comedy singles recently so excuse the not quite perfect graphics.

First off, a bizarre football record that I never knew existed. I thought Scotland plumbed the depths with Rod Stewart and Del Amitri but no! Here is the Jocks' 1982 World Cup Final anthem, The Krankies - We're Going to Spain:

The single that inspired the album Nigel Planer - Hole in my Shoe:

Angus Deayton and Phillip Pope get their hair dryers out for Hee Bee Gee Bees - Meaningless Songs (in Very High Voices):

Featuring Bruce 'Iron Maiden' Dickinson Mr Bean and Smear Campaign - (I Want to Be) Elected:

Roy Hudd - Roy Hudd's Very Own Music Hall:

Mike Berry - Memories:

Children's comedy still counts right? Orville - White Christmas:

And children's comedy with puppets, that counts double yeah? Miss Piggy - Music Hall:

Two Ronnies - Volume 4:

Kenny Cantor - Try These On For Fun:

Monty Python - Teach Yourself Heath:

More Chegwin, because the world needs more Chegwin, Brown Sauce - I Wanna Be A Winner: