Comedy Records Page 17

Quote: Kenneth @ June 21 2011, 10:35 PM BST

Yes, that's Rolf starting at the 1 minute mark. Have you heard his recording with the Beatles?

No, I don't think so. I don't care much for The Beatles.

Rolf Harris and the Beatles murdering Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd14NxZuvGg

Worth it for the bizarre line "Don't ill-treat me pet dingo, Ringo"

My favourite is Peter Sellers "Any Old Iron" closely followed by the Monty Python team with Arthur Mullard singing "Bovver Boys" which was on Charisma records circa 1972

I bought this (for 50 cents) because the title amused me:

A great one to get would be on the Apple Label 1969 "King of Fuh" by 'Brute Force' most likely cost a bit more than 50p though! Was banned by the Beeb coz the lyrics refer to the "Fuh King"

Quote: Kenneth @ June 21 2011, 10:35 PM BST

If you're a keen Rutles fan you'll also want to get the album Rutles Highway Revisited, which consists of covers of Rutles songs by 'alternative' bands such as King Missile, Bongwater, Shonen Knife and Das Damen.

I'm not THAT keen.

:D There is a bloke who comes rond here every month in a waggon, the tune he plays is ' Any old iron' people give him old fridges and TVs, crap.

Always makes me smile!

Anyone like 'Cocktails for two'? ancient can't remember who? as a kid loved it and 'The sheik of araby'?...

Quote: dellas @ July 17 2011, 4:44 AM BST

:D There is a bloke who comes rond here every month in a waggon, the tune he plays is ' Any old iron' people give him old fridges and TVs, crap.

Always makes me smile!

Anyone like 'Cocktails for two'? ancient can't remember who? as a kid loved it and 'The sheik of araby'?...

Wasn't "The Sheikh of Araby" Tommy Cooper's intro tune?

It was indeed, and it was covered by the Beatles as well. It's on one of their Anthology CDs.

And while we're here, I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this show. A friend picked the record up for me recently and I must admit it seems to have completely passed me by, I have never heard of this apparently award-winning LWT series.

Pink Medicine - The Pink Medicine Album

Quote: Agnes Guano @ July 21 2011, 10:20 PM BST

It was indeed, and it was covered by the Beatles as well. It's on one of their Anthology CDs.

And while we're here, I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this show. A friend picked the record up for me recently and I must admit it seems to have completely passed me by, I have never heard of this apparently award-winning LWT series.

From what I've found out about it, Agnes, it doesn't seem to have won any awards. It starred Linda Bellingham and other people like Nickolas Grace (who played the Sheriff of Nottingham in the 1980s Robin Hood and Anthony Blanche in Brideshead).

By the way is Guano your real surname?

"The Man on the Flying Trapeze" By Spike Jones and his 'City Slickers' is a great example of mispronunciation to great comedy effect!

A few more Pythons and Wurzels that have been recently added to the comedy record library.

Monty Python - The Meaning of Life:

Monty Python - Live at City Center:

Adge Cutler and the Wurzels - Don't Tell I, Tell 'ee

Wurzels - The Wurzels are Scrumptious

Wurzels - Golden Delicious

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 22 2011, 7:26 AM BST

By the way is Guano your real surname?

I'll take that as a maybe...

We Guanos are a proud people with a long and illustrious history. There's many an outpost of the British Empire that can still boast a good old sprinkling of Guano.

Anyway a few more, July was a bumper month!

Little and Large - Soopersonic Syd Sings (or does he?):

Goons - First Men on the Goon

Jim Bowen - Live in London's West End

Goons - Michael Parkinson meets the Goons

Quote: Agnes Guano @ August 2 2011, 9:01 PM BST

We Guanos are a proud people with a long and illustrious history.

These illustrations do not have smell accompliment, do they? Whistling nnocently