Comedy Records Page 23

Just released my first and only-
"Day Drinker"
Download it here.
ianstuart.bandcamp.com

Is this the right thread? Not sure but guess what...

Chas 'n' Dave are storming back big time!

Just saw this press release...

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Sept. 21, 2012) - Rockney performers Chas and Dave have teamed up with East Midlands Trains to promote the train operator's cheap train tickets to London.

The duo, who have announced a series of tour dates over the coming year, are currently appearing on bill boards and radio adverts throughout the East Midlands, encouraging people to 'Gertcha self' to London with East Midlands Trains.

Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service & Commercial Director for East Midlands Trains, explains: "Now that the big events of the summer are over, we want to remind people that there's still plenty of great reasons to visit London.

"The number one reason is the fact that we have thousands of tickets available to London from just £34 return from major destinations such as Sheffield, Derby, Leicester and Nottingham.

"We want to get the message out far and wide about our great value fares to London and what better way than to let the famous cockney duo Chas and Dave rabbit on about it!"

Chas and Dave will be promoting East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder. This online booking tool helps to quickly and easily compare the cost of train tickets at different times of the day and days of the week to find the cheapest possible fares. There's further savings to be made by booking directly with East Midlands Trains as there are no credit card or booking fee charges.

Neil continues: "Many people don't realise that it's cheaper to book a train ticket direct with us rather than going through websites such as trainline.com or redspottedhanky.com. Unlike other websites, there are no hidden fees when booking directly with East Midlands Trains and our Best Fare Finder guarantees the cheapest ticket every time."

To listen to the new Chas and Dave advert or to book train tickets through the Best Fare Finder, visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.

Honestly, who'd run a story like that anyway?

http://www.therakeandherald.tv/culture/culturestory.php?id=1190

My local tat and second hand record emporium has just a job lot of the more folkier comedy records so expect I'll be buying a bit more in the Wrigley Wedlock and Harding style over the coming few weeks.

Mike Harding - A Lancashire Lad:

Fred Wedlock - Frollicks:

Tom O'Connor - Alright Mouth:

Eric and Ernie were once asked what they would have been if they weren't comedians. Their answer was of course, Mike and Bernie Winters.
Mike and Bernie Winters - In Toyland:

Frank Sidebottom - Timperley EP:

Ivor Cutler - Jammy Smears:

Benny Hill - The Harvest of Love:

And finally, banned not long after its release in 1987 due to a routine about Jimmy Savile's sexual proclivities coming to the attention of his lawyers, it's Jerry Sadowitz - Gobshite:

I suspect you're nearing a very thin line between 'comedy' and just plain shite music with some of this!

Like comedy in general, it ain't all classic! I was going to post this up but I think with that remark you may have forced my hand. Is Brucie a comedian, an entertainer or a song and dance man? In his head he's all of them and more, so here you go as an added bonus:

Bruce Forsyth - Both Sides of Bruce:

If you're referring to Mike and Bernie, and I suspect you may be, imagine how Mike Winters must have felt when his generally less able and slightly simple brother replaced him in the double act with a twenty four stone slobbering St Bernard incapable of doing much more than dribbling and wheezing and falling asleep on episodes of Whose Baby?. Schnorbitz is still going strong to this day albeit as some dodgy magician's sidekick, a mere thirty or so years on from his heyday (I suspect like the Blue Peter pets there may have been a few replacements over the years). Yes folks. Book now to see the improbably named Richard De Vere, live in Blackpool, complete with Schnorbitz and his new Yorkshire terrier companion Schnookie, as well as the frankly baffling cat novelty act iCloud: http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shows/beyond-belief/

Who could forget the King of Comedy records - The Singing Postman.

What a back catalogue:

Hev Yew Gotta Loight Boy?
I Miss My Miss from Diss
Ha' Yer Fa'er Got a Dickey, Boy?
I Wear Horn Rimmed Glasses
When The Moon Peeps O'er The Hill

And the tear- jerking classic:
Oi Shot a Rabbit Up a Tree

Possibly the only International Singer star to combine a singing career with working for the Royal Mail.

There was also punk legend Jon the Postman, played in the film '24 Hour Party People' by Dave Gorman.

It's taken me a while to find this, a 1957 EP from Australia, Barry Humphries - Wild Life in Suburbia:

I acquired this little gem the other day, a brand spanking new comedy poetry album on yer actual vinyl. Yes a new one, not an ancient scratched artefact covered in dust and filth, left for years inside a forgotten plastic box to be mauled and poked by a thousand nameless charity shop habitués.

Tim Key - With a String Quartet. On a Boat

More Guano-core records to share. I seem to be finding a lot of Tom's records all of a sudden. His mum must be having a clear-out. Tom O'Connor - Live in Liverpool:

Steptoe and Son Ride Again:

An EP taken from the album of the same name Peter Sellers - Songs for Swingin' Sellers 2:

Kenny Everett - Kremmen The Movie:

Tony Hancock - Hancock - The Blood Donor / The Radio Ham:

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore - Once Moore with Cook:

Jonathan Routh - Candid Mike:

Billy Connolly - The Pick of Billy Connolly:

Arthur Askey - Before Your Very Eyes:

Goons - The Very Best of the Goons:

As a comedy record collector, I don't know how I have avoiding buying any Blaster Bates before. Well, I have finally taken the plunge and am now experimenting with the whacky world of building demolition related comedy. The charity shop did have the third volume as well but I think I'll see how hilarious volume two is first. Blaster Bates - 1,001 Gelegnites:

One of the umpteen eponymous albums they issued. This one is from their 'pink' period Barron Knights - Barron Knights:

Arthur Mullard - Arthur Mullard of London:

Quote: Agnes Guano @ October 27 2012, 12:49 AM BST

It's taken me a while to find this, a 1957 EP from Australia, Barry Humphries - Wild Life in Suburbia:

Good find. Where and how much?

In Australia! The postage cost more than the record.

I did also find this Barry Humphries related record as well (not from Australia)

Barry Crocker - Bazza McKenzie's Party Songs:

oh and these:

Neil Innes - Dear Father Christmas:

Brother Lees - Born Three: