I've just seen... Page 11

Quote: Moonstone @ October 13 2009, 3:08 PM BST

Just to put some sense of scale on that, did you like Napoleon Dynamite?

I liked it. Pleased
Perhaps a 5. I didn't really like it as a comedy, I just liked the movie.

Quote: chipolata @ October 13 2009, 3:06 PM BST

He's a scientologist? :O

How are they snaring so many rich and famous people? Have their lives become THAT empty?

Quote: Curt @ October 13 2009, 3:09 PM BST

I liked it. Pleased
Perhaps a 5. I didn't really like it as a comedy, I just liked the movie.

Hmmmmm, I'll take your 10 as a 7 or an 8 then :P

Quote: Kenneth @ October 13 2009, 3:09 PM BST

It's not awful.

:D

Promising!

Sold!

Quote: chipolata @ October 13 2009, 3:06 PM BST

He's a scientologist? :O

No! South Park's episode on scientology was called Trapped in the Closet. The character Stan Marsh does a scientology personality test, gets hooked up to the e-meter and scores a perfect reading, and thus is hailed by the scientologists as the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard. Tom Cruise tries to pay homage to Stan and asks what he thinks of his acting. Stan replies: "You're not Gene Hackman or that guy who played Napoleon Dynamite, but you're okay." Thus prompting Tom Cruise to rush into Stan's closet and refuse to leave. Cue loads of "Tom Cruise will not come out of the closet" jokes.

I've just seen my timetable for next semester. Not good. Unimpressed

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 13 2009, 10:47 PM BST

I've just seen my timetable for next semester. Not good. Unimpressed

Console

But on the other hand, Robyn, please don't use the word "semester". We're not Americans. It's "terms". (Unless of course it's your uni which calls them semesters, in which case it's them I should be having a stern word with.) ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 13 2009, 10:50 PM BST

Console

But on the other hand, Robyn, please don't use the word "semester". We're not Americans. It's "terms". (Unless of course that's what your uni calls terms, in which case it's them I should be having a stern word with.) ;)

Our uni called them semesters. Not entirely sure it's just American.

Quote: Moonstone @ October 13 2009, 10:51 PM BST

Dear oh dear oh dear. *spits and curses at so-called "modernisation"* Angry

My uni calls them "semesters".

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 13 2009, 10:54 PM BST

My uni calls them "semesters".

See above. :)

They all do Tim! It's only TERMS when you are at school! Universities don't have terms or half terms, they have Semesters Mr Pantietwist McGee! :P

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 13 2009, 10:59 PM BST

They all do Tim! It's only TERMS when you are at school! Universities don't have terms or half terms, they have Semesters Mr Pantietwist McGee! :P

Nonsense. In my day we only had terms. So there. We weren't all trying to be Americans in those days, Ms High-Horsey Smuggeroo. Unimpressed :P

Quote: Moonstone @ October 13 2009, 10:51 PM BST

My unis call them semesters, too. And - I believe - have been doing so since the very very olden days. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 13 2009, 11:00 PM BST

Nonsense. In my day we only had terms. So there. We weren't all trying to be Americans in those days. :P

Yes but you also had other worries than what to call things back then such as the ice age and trying to get insured against acts of mammoth....

Quote: Finck @ October 13 2009, 11:01 PM BST

My unis call them semesters, too. And - I believe - have been doing so since the very very olden days. :)

We had semesters back in the 90s.