I've just seen... Page 16

500 Days Of Summer. Dissapointing. I'd read great things about it, but it doesn't really grab you, probably due to it's bitty structure. You just think the lead blokes a bit of a tit, too, for falling for this girl who is basically a flaky pain in the arse; then getting into a big, doomey strop for ages about it. Some good songs in it though.

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2010, 10:17 PM GMT

Ha, I LOVE the bit with the car and the bit with the bullet (both on the trailer).

(Apart from that, poo.)

I love when they both shoot round the woman and their bullets still hit each other head on.

SPOILERRRR
It was also amazing when he kills the guy and says "I have to tell you something". Elliot then said "I AM YOUR FATHER!" Guy on TV said "YOU ARE MY SON!" Laughing out loud It was so epic.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 18 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

500 Days Of Summer. Dissapointing. I'd read great things about it, but it doesn't really grab you, probably due to it's bitty structure. You just think the lead blokes a bit of a tit, too, for falling for this girl who is basically a flaky pain in the arse; then getting into a big, doomey strop for ages about it. Some good songs in it though.

I am glad I'm waiting until it's cheap until I buy it then. Pleased

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 18 2010, 10:42 PM GMT

I'm waiting until it's cheap until I buy it then. Pleased

I do that with every film. I'm not interested until it's three pounds.:$

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 18 2010, 10:42 PM GMT

I love when they both shoot round the woman and their bullets still hit each other head on.

SPOILERRRR
It was also amazing when he kills the guy and says "I have to tell you something". Elliot then said "I AM YOUR FATHER!" Guy on TV said "YOU ARE MY SON!" Laughing out loud It was so epic.

Teehee.
Rubbish films can be fun.

Anyone with digital TV should watch Zone Horror. Tons of dodgy B-movies.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 18 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

500 Days Of Summer. Dissapointing. I'd read great things about it, but it doesn't really grab you, probably due to it's bitty structure. You just think the lead blokes a bit of a tit, too, for falling for this girl who is basically a flaky pain in the arse; then getting into a big, doomey strop for ages about it.

I cried my balls off.

But then, every woman I've ever had a relationship with was a flaky pain in the arse, and I'm a bit of a tit.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 18 2010, 11:58 PM GMT

I cried my balls off.

At what?! It didn't really seem like the kind of film you'd cry at! You big soppy bugger.

'Adventureland.' Lovely film. Though I wonder if the lead guy just gets scripts that Michael Cera has to pass on. Not that he wasn't great in this, but I couldn't help but hear Cera saying some of the lines.

I wonder if Cera will be able to make the transition from Boy Actor to Man Actor. I hope so.

Just watched 'The Invention of Lying', plot holes everywhere, low laugh count, pretentious message, all in all quite a poor fare. I love the fact it tries to be a clever religious satire, yet three quarters of the "jokes" are based on Gervais' appearance. It was better than 'Ghost Town' though. In fairness, Gervais' acting was relatively solid, it was the writing that let him down which is odd. I'm hoping the fact Merchant is back involved means 'Cemetery Junction' will be a big improvement on Gervais' film output thus far.

I quite liked Ghost Town. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was an easy watch, and Gervais was great.

I enjoyed Ghost Town.

I enjoyed them both. Oh well.

Quote: zooo @ February 20 2010, 7:12 PM GMT

I enjoyed Ghost Town.

Gervais could poo on a mirror and you'd like it! :)

Well, if he did it in an amusing manner. :D