I've just seen... Page 15

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 25 2009, 1:53 AM BST

Ah, just Googled it... "man-hating cannibals" - you've spent too much time around here, Nil, it's started to affect your film tastes. :(

EDIT: This is the movie, right? Huh?

Ha! Well, even though it had no comedy it had more than this place lately. Whistling nnocently

Yes, it's a awful Danny Dyer filled shitfest.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 25 2009, 1:59 AM BST

Cool

Laughing out loud

Damn this internet and it's endless resource of unexpected pictures! Angry

It is just me, but you never seen a Roo soaping herself all over in the bath. for example? Whistling nnocently

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 25 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Yes, it's a awful Danny Dyer filled shitfest.

Ah, you see, the clue that should have made you instantly wary, was that it had "Danny Dyer" in it. *nods wisely* Pleased

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 25 2009, 2:08 AM BST

Laughing out loud

Damn this internet and it's endless resource of unexpected pictures! Angry

It is just me, but you never seen a Roo soaping herself all over in the bath. for example? Whistling nnocently

*PM*

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 25 2009, 2:08 AM BST

Ah, you see, the clue that should have made you instantly wary, was that it had "Danny Dyer" in it. *nods wisely* Pleased

This is true. >_<

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 25 2009, 2:09 AM BST

*PM*

*waits expectantly*

:O

Too many bubbles! :(

I've just seen The Men who Stare at Goats. I was a bit disappointed. I really enjoyed the book, and whilst Ewan was gorgeous and George was a fantastic (even with a dodgy 'tasche), it lacked the punch of the book.

The soundtrack's good though.

Quote: AngieBaby @ November 12 2009, 10:24 PM GMT

I've just seen The Men who Stare at Goats. I was a bit disappointed. I really enjoyed the book, and whilst Ewan was gorgeous and George was a fantastic (even with a dodgy 'tasche), it lacked the punch of the book.

The soundtrack's good though.

Just got back from seeing this. Haven't read the book but imagine it would work much better in written from, what with the endless narration and flashbacks. Clooney had some good comedy moments, but the meandering plot bored me. The uninspired direction didn't help - Clooney should've taken the reins (thinking of the visual panache of the vaguely similar 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind') . . .

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Big fun clumsy mess of a film. I liked it - Tom Waits as the devil (im assuming) was a highlight, and Depp/Law/Farrell standing in for Heath Ledger worked fantastically well. Terrible storytelling aside, best film I've seen at the cinema since In The Loop . . .

The Exorcist III

Surprisingly great - no cash-in naffness about this one (written and directed by William Peter Blatty). Sterling work from George C. Scott and Brad Dourif (in full-on creepiness mode, delivering his lines stright to camera!). Ending was a bit daft though, basically a repeat of the first film . . .

I've been taping a few movies off the Telly recently.
Not particularly new, but ones I'd never seen previously.

The Football Factory - Good movie.

The Cable Guy - A lot funnier than I was expecting.

The Avengers - Why oh why did I bother.

The Rise & Rise of Michael Rimmer - not too sure to be honest.

Norbit - a lot funnier than I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting much.

Batman begins - Very slow & why does he talk like that, it just puts me off

Lucky Number Slevin - Really good movie, probably the best of the bunch.

Sexy Beast next - I've heard that's pretty good

Wanted. Oh my God. So hilarious.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 17 2010, 7:25 PM GMT

Sexy Beast next - I've heard that's pretty good

Have you watched it yet? Kingsley is excellent.

The Cable Guy is a great film.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 18 2010, 9:50 PM GMT

Who's in that?

Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie & James McAvoy

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 18 2010, 9:50 PM GMT

Terrible rubbish.

Ha, I LOVE the bit with the car and the bit with the bullet (both on the trailer).

(Apart from that, poo.)