Nerd/Boffin Technical corner. Page 84

You can find cheap blu-ray players on sale at the moment. I know Tesco has one in the sales for around £30.

Now that my daughter is in China for six months, is it best to let her laptop battery run down or should I charge it up periodically?

Charge it up once a week or fortnight.

If it is n Li-Ion battery it might be ok, being left charged once and removed from the computer, but an NiMh one will probably perish if you did that.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd February 2014, 11:58 PM GMT

If it is n Li-Ion battery it might be ok, being left charged once and removed from the computer, but an NiMh one will probably perish if you did that.

Thanks Bill.

Is anyone able to do me an Adobe Illustraor favour? I have a logo that's in a new version of the software and I'm only using Adobe CS4. Would anyone be able to resave it in the older version so I can open it? I wouldn't normally ask but it's a rush job and the original file has come from the west coast of the US so they won't be awake for a few hours.

I have CS5, if that's any good.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 6th February 2014, 1:01 PM GMT

Expect a PM shortly :)

:)

Quote: Nil Putters @ 6th February 2014, 1:01 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCFVEvZvo3g

I've not been able to play flash on my android device since it updated a few months ago, nothing I try seems to work;is there a way of getting the older system back?

Didn't I read Flash stopped supporting android some time ago?

Flash doesn't work on Kitkat. You can "sideload" it onto Jellybean. Which do you have?

http://android.sc/download-latest-adobe-flash-player-apk-for-android/

You'll probably have to 'Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store' (certainly if you've a Samsung Galaxy something or other) but you can install it and then uncheck that afterwards again.

Dan

Dan, you are the man!

Quote: billwill @ 2nd February 2014, 11:58 PM GMT

It's a Li-Ion Bill so I think I'll charge it up and remove for the duration as per your advice.