I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,648

You are probably right Stephen ... money grubbing little f**kers who got no more than they probably wanted. It takes two to tango, or sometimes groups of course.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th August 2014, 11:47 AM BST

Rape ofcourse is different matter, but these claims of groping and knee sitting are getting a bit effing ridiculous aren't they. Tell you what, let's just bang up all men over 60 who had a career in showbiz and be done with it. Save the taxpayer a bundle.

Yeah it's all just knee sitting...

If only

Children have and are being subjeced to years of violent abuse by these animals

But yeah let's just sweep it under the carpet and ignore it all

THE daughter of a prominent Edinburgh lawyer at the centre of the Fettesgate scandal of the 1990s has claimed she was raped by her father and a senior Tory MP.

Susie Henderson, the daughter of QC and temporary sheriff Robert Henderson, waived her right to anonymity to talk about the abuse she allegedly suffered at the hands of her father and the late Sir Nicholas Fairbairn, a former MP for Kinross and Western Perthshire, when she was four.

Miss Henderson, 48, said she was the victim of an organised paedophile ring consisting of high-powered legal figures who subjected her to years of abuse at locations including the five-storey Georgian townhouse in the New Town where her family lived.

Her father, Robert Henderson, was a pivotal figure in a major legal scandal of the late 1980s and early 1990s when he claimed a "magic circle" of judges, sheriffs and advocates were conspiring to ensure homosexual criminals were given light sentences by the courts. The claims were dismissed in an official inquiry, but much of the evidence in the report was stolen from Fettes by conman Derek Donaldson in 1992 and sold to the press.

Miss Henderson today called for a police investigation into her father and Fairbairn, halted in 2000 after evidence was mislaid and crucial details leaked to the press, to be re-opened. "I want it acknowledged that my father and Fairbairn did something very evil. Not just to me. There are other children out there. And these were people in power. We put them there and they are supposed to be trusted."

Miss Henderson first made allegations against Fairbairn and her father under the alias of Julie X in 2000, but no charges were brought.

She has chosen to come forward and be named after Fairbairn was implicated in the scandal over the Elm Guest House in London which saw youngsters abused by high-profile figures in the 1980s. Fairbairn died in 1995 at the age of 61, while Henderson died in 2012 aged 75.

Guest lists from the Elm Guest are all over the Internet - the guy in the news lately is on those lists

Doesn't make him guilty of anything of course

Only of going to parties attended by several well known convicted serial child abusers I.e. Harvey Procter , Chris Denning etc etc

You'd have to ask him why he was associating with c**ts like that...

Groping and knee sitting...

You need to educate yourself mate

You'd be shocked

JC, Lofty with internet BS consumers like you around there's no wonder there's a lot of conspiracy theory crap clogging up the interweb. Thanks but I think I'll educate myself elsewhere. Rolling eyes

Well that's fine

Ill stick to sympathising with the children whose lives have been ruined forever and hoping they get justice one day

You prioritise your thoughts on the poor misunderstood abusers who are being victimised just cos they liked a quick grope and should be left alone

Sorted

:D Nicely put but it's not black and white A v Z like that in real life is it.

The past was definitely an age of relative public naivete compared to now. Priests didn't prey on young boys and judges and MPs didn't hold Nazi bondage parties after work. So we thought. Now we know some do, some, not all, some.

What we always knew was pop stars liked to indulge in naughtiness. Thousands of teens were allowed by their parents to go to pop and rock gigs and shows like TOTP etc. Doesn't mean any of them deserved to be raped no, I agree, they deserve justice, but it does maybe throw up a lot of general question marks about the possible naivete and even complicity of some, if it takes forty sodding years for them to report it. Or is that just me?

If they've raped then it's prison and shame whoever they are, totally agree. In cases where it was more consensual but the plaintiffs just regret it later, that's a very difficult one, morally and definitely legally. It's why many rape case fail. And with cases of 'groupies' it is complicated too. You experts in clear cut morality are often the modern day puritans and witch burners of another era.

When you say educating elsewhere Kipper where exactly is it you are going? What is the nature of your research?

Nowhere in particular, anywhere but gossipy bullshit internet sites. It was just a response to

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th August 2014, 1:11 PM BST

You need to educate yourself mate

Which made me larf a little bit coming from cheeky Lofty who has a degree and ten o levels in Spurious Internet Bullshit. No offence Lofty.

I have to declare an interest in the Cliff case - I love him and buy his wonderful calendar every year.

I would also point out that it appears that there is only one allegation from one individual against him - very different to the millions that were coming forward for Jimmy Saville.

However, a cynic might say that renouncing his British citizenship in favour of a country with which there is no extradition treaty (Barbados)thus giving the British authorities almost no prospect of getting him back for trial is a little bit suspicious.

Quote: Jennie @ 15th August 2014, 3:34 PM BST

I would also point out that it appears that there is only one allegation from one individual against him

So far. If this happened and it wasn't a one off you can bet this publicity will spur the others to come out. And maybe one or two that never happened at all.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th August 2014, 3:13 PM BST

Nowhere

Where's that big feather when you need one. Sorry Kipper I now realise your ' apologist for child abusers' persona is just another one along your 'Jewy boy' joke lines. I have to say I still don't find it funny though.

Quote: Jennie @ 15th August 2014, 3:34 PM BST

However, a cynic might say that renouncing his British citizenship in favour of a country with which there is no extradition treaty (Barbados)thus giving the British authorities almost no prospect of getting him back for trial is a little bit suspicious.

If you put other things in context tho, he's had a home in Barbados for 40odd years, he's over 70 and has talked of winding down for a while, reached the 100 album landmarks last year which might not be added to and has already said the 2014 calendar was his last (I bought one myself), it doesn't sound so suspicious. It's known he's been sick of the British press and tax system for a long time.

What's wrong with the tax system for him? Hope you are enjoying your calendar?

Quote: Marc P @ 15th August 2014, 3:49 PM BST

Where's that big feather when you need one. Sorry Kipper I now realise your ' apologist for child abusers' persona is just another one along your 'Jewy boy' joke lines. I have to say I still don't find it funny though.

Gosh I wish I could be as smart and smug as you Marc. No offence.

None taken. At least you are speaking the truth. I guess self education isn't enough sometimes is all.

Quote: Marc P @ 15th August 2014, 4:01 PM BST

Hope you are enjoying your calendar?

Laughing out loud Have to say it wasn't for me, alas. :(

Quote: Marc P @ 15th August 2014, 4:03 PM BST

I guess self education isn't enough sometimes is all.

Well I know what I've got and it's always been enough for me. I did go to school sometimes but when you know more than some of the teachers it gets boring.