I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,651

Sadly, no, as there's a bloody silly change at Manchester.

What a pain in the arse. You'd think just flying in Britain you wouldn't have to faff around with changes.

Quote: keewik @ 16th August 2014, 8:40 PM BST

Sadly, no, as there's a bloody silly change at Manchester.

Wouldn't it be quicker by train - or even walk?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 8:46 PM BST

There's a direct train at 11.00 am. It takes 8.42hrs but when people compare travel times they often omit getting to the airport and the time one has to be there before take off.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th August 2014, 9:09 PM BST

There's a direct train at 11.00 am. It takes 8.42hrs but when people compare travel times they often omit getting to the airport and the time one has to be there before take off.

That's what I thought. Plus there's probably better scenery. You're not flying over the alps after all.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 9:15 PM BST

That's what I thought. Plus there's probably better scenery. You're not flying over the alps after all.

It's nice route (hence the time).

Over to Edinburgh, down the East Coast to York then to Sheffield and across the Midlands to Bristol, Taunton and Exeter.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 8:46 PM BST

For Keewik it should be quicker by broomstick.

Cool Angelic

Quote: billwill @ 16th August 2014, 9:34 PM BST

For Keewik it should be quicker by broomstick.

Cool Angelic

I wish!

Train might sound good BUT the one and only time my son took the train, he left here at 11a.m. and thanks to f**kment, got home at 2 a.m. the next day.

Quote: keewik @ 16th August 2014, 10:53 PM BST

I wish!

Train might sound good BUT the one and only time my son took the train, he left here at 11a.m. and thanks to f**kment, got home at 2 a.m. the next day.

Shit happens as they say. He could have been stuck on a motorway for hours. Generally speaking, rail timekeeping is very good. Of course there will be the odd exception.

Inside Ebola hell: The Mirror witnesses horror of bodies being tipped into truck at Africa clinic http://mirr.im/1Bri0pN shocking :O

Just what the f**kin' world needs . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2728651/Simon-Cowell-creates-eight-piece-boy-band-calls-one-best-groups-X-Factor.html

Boy Bands are the most wonderful, creative and original types of music acts these days.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th August 2014, 8:25 PM BST

Boy Bands are the most wonderful, creative and original types of music acts these days.

Nurse!

I'm getting fed up of all these stories and pictures of 'celebrities' on holiday when they could be doing something more useful.

It's a good job our Prime Minister doesn't do that when there's a crisis going on. Good to know he's . . . . . .. . oh, wait.

God Almighty.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/08/21/20-questions-for-nigel-farage/#comments