I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,653

Quote: Nogget @ 27th August 2014, 2:35 PM BST

"Many firing ranges have strict safety rules on instructing children"

So some of them *don't* have strict rules? Incredible. So much of American culture resembles wickedly dark comedy.

Who in their right mind lets a 9 year old use a Uzi.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA4x8cDrU2k

The YT video doesn't show it, but on the ITV news it was a split second longer.
When the girl fired a single shot she was OK but on rapid fire the recoil was too much for her, the gun went across her chest and upwards, firing it straight into the instructor's face (he should have been supporting her arm apparently) - it was her parents that were filming it.

What must they have felt like - dear, oh dear. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2014, 8:31 AM BST

On the Beeb news this morning it said that some social workers feared that they would be accused of being racist if they took action.

Is the PC/Racist ticket turning into a farce?

It's a difficult question. It's worth noting having worked in social departments all over London, with very high varied minority numbers this does seem unusual.
I mean people of all cultures and none abuse children and from my experience there might be a reluctance to contact social services, but it got dealt with as efficently as possible.

It looks like something went badly wrong with this council. And I hope there'll be enough calm to work out what it was.

The fact that no one wants to resign would suggest that are incompetent, whatever else they are.

Quote: sootyj @ 28th August 2014, 9:19 AM BST

It's a difficult question. It's worth noting having worked in social departments all over London, with very high varied minority numbers this does seem unusual.
I mean people of all cultures and none abuse children and from my experience there might be a reluctance to contact social services, but it got dealt with as efficently as possible.

It looks like something went badly wrong with this council. And I hope there'll be enough calm to work out what it was.

It's happening all over the country. It needs the moderate Muslims to stand up and be counted.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2014, 6:06 PM BST

It needs the moderate Muslims to stand up and be counted.

In this case I am not sure religious fundamentalism is the issue; it is rather more of a cultural problem, though the contempt that some moslems feel for the host population is doubtless a contributory factor. If you come from a culture of burqas and arranged marriages, it is not a stretch to conclude that all white girls are sluts. And while we might consider a thirteen year old to be a child, in a village in rural Pakistan she would be probably be held to be nubile.

Quote: Tursiops @ 28th August 2014, 6:24 PM BST

In this case I am not sure religious fundamentalism is the issue; it is rather more of a cultural problem, though the contempt that some moslems feel for the host population is doubtless a contributory factor. If you come from a culture of burqas and arranged marriages, it is not a stretch to conclude that all white girls are sluts. And while we might consider a thirteen year old to be a child, in a village in rural Pakistan she would be probably be held to be nubile.

That's no excuse though is it.

Quote: Tursiops @ 28th August 2014, 6:24 PM BST

Maybe it's not a question in the Citizenship test.

Unlike 'Which landmark is a prehistoric monument which still stands in the English county of Wiltshire?'

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th August 2014, 12:15 AM BST

Maybe it's not a question in the Citizenship test.

Unlike 'Which landmark is a prehistoric monument which still stands in the English county of Wiltshire?'

Is the answer Swindon?

Ah - isn't that cute. A US Pastor bought his 8 year old daughter a pink rifle.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2014, 7:01 PM BST

Ah - isn't that cute. A US Pastor bought his 8 year old daughter a pink rifle.

I hope that's not euphemism, but it's a cricket they sell LOTS of rifles

http://www.crickett.com/

I'm all broke up that someone attacked Galloway.

Pity they didn't kick the livin' shit out of him.

Why?

At least he's one of the few politicians that isn't SHIT SCARED to speak out against the destruction of Gaza

Lofty there's plenty of them, half the Liberal front bench have offered to suicide bomb or rocket Israel. I really wish Hamas would take them up on it.

All Galloway is doing is playing his one faded, crumpled little card of being antiIsrael. Tower Hamlets have already f**ked him off, he must be running out of grumpy poorly integrated Muslim communities to trick.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 30th August 2014, 12:32 AM BST

I'm all broke up that someone attacked Galloway.

Pity they didn't kick the livin' shit out of him.

I dislike the man, his policies, but he used to be great. He was probably the only Labour MP who couldn't be bribed over Iraq [or died in suspicious circumstances]. But his walk into independence has been pitiful, he chased Oona King one of the few truly principled Labour MPs out of her seat on a truly crapulent antisemitic ticket.

But hitting him is stupid, if only because it gives him a back chunk of unwanted sympathy.

The people he most hurts are the nitwits and vote for a lazy, single agenda political failure. And his single issue is himself.

http://www.expressandstar.com/editors-picks/2014/08/30/foul-mouthed-three-year-old-sets-sights-on-britains-got-talent/

Grandad Stuart aged 33? What the f**k?

Exterminate! Laughing out loud

Exterminate! Laughing out loud