I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,647

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2014, 7:58 PM BST

I wondered why Charley lived there.

(Sorry - clique joke for people who've been on here a few years.)

"squeals" OMG, what happened to Charley?

Just checked, last post 4/13

She's fine. Granny and Mother at the same time. We're trying to work on something at the moment.

Her quote on facebook about Berkhamstead where she lives :-

"Yup of course. Who wouldn't want to live on a whacking great cock"

No not Cliff!!! The Peedo Inquisition gets its biggest catch yet. It's turning into the witchfinder general this ridiculous crusade against people who lived in a different age and were a bit loose and lascivious.

What next, digging up graves from the 19th century to prosecute all the lechers that got away with living in an even more morally lax age? F**king absurd this bizarre media circus of moral outrage they've created, like something out of the middle ages. Draw a line under it and move on.

If others put their hands up now to say Sir soandso did this to me in 1973 then just say Oh sorry but it's a bit too late now. It's utterly bizarre and risible what this farrago has become, and in 2014 Britain!

Buggering children may just be 'a bit loose' behaviourally in your world Kipper. But to be honest it is rather frowned upon publicly in 2014.

But the crimes weren't committed in 2014 was my point. Hall got sentenced under established rules for historic offences. The rabid moral arbiters of society threw up their arms in disgust and forced the judge to give a stiffer sentence to suit their outrage! WTF is going on here? That's trial by Daily Mail or Guardian readers, not the honorable Law of England.

Alfred...

Your a tit

Sorry

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th August 2014, 11:20 AM BST

But the crimes weren't committed in 2014 was my point. Hall got sentenced under established rules for historic offences. The rabid moral arbiters of society threw up their arms in disgust and forced the judge to give a stiffer sentence to suit their outrage! WTF is going on here? That's trial by Daily Mail or Guardian readers, not the honorable Law of England.

You are talking out of your arse so comfortably Kipper I presume you never had yours sodomised when you were a child?

All people charged with historical sex offences have been judged by THE LAW AS IT STOOD AT THE TIME.

It is to the Daily Mail and the Guardian's discredit they didn't know or they weren't informed about such huge crimes before.

No I obviously didn't go to the same school as you. :) all we got is a few chocolate biscuits at Christmas time. Feeling a bit swindled now.

Rape ofcourse is different matter, but these claims of groping and knee sitting are getting a bit effing ridiculous aren't they. Tell you what, let's just bang up all men over 60 who had a career in showbiz and be done with it. Save the taxpayer a bundle.

You reference Sircliff. I don't know whether he was involved or not. However look up the facts... What the guest house was, where the children came from them and who supplied them. It wasn't a place for tea sitting and chocolate biscuits. As for people being sentenced according to the tariffs at the time, not only is it a ridiculous notion it doesn't go both ways does it? Do you yearn for happier times then kipper when people weren't so uptight about a bit of such harmless fun?

It's just a shame the old Bill can't keep their traps shut until the thing does or doesn't actually come to trial.
But there's always some bent copper ready to take a bung from the media -the BBC, it would seem, in this case as they had people already at the house when the police arrived.
But the damage is done now, and, guilty or not, the nutters and conspiracy theory wankers now have him down as a nonce - and there's nothing he can do about it.

I agree Lazzard. It was the attitude I was addressing. I have no idea about Sircliff as I said.

Yes - mine was more of a general comment, really.

I love the idea of the admittedly incorruptible lawmakers of the day setting their rulings for future judgements. There was never any vested interest in these matters I'll warrant.

You have to wonder about the motives of these people.

Maybe some have 'dined out' on the stories of how a celeb molested them.

I don't think 'closure' is top of their list....