- Channel 4
- 6 (1 series)
- Matt Berry, Freddie Fox, Susan Wokoma, Alun Armstrong, Paul Kaye, David Dawson, Ann Mitchell, Keeley Hawes and Amer Chadha-Patel
- Kevin Cecil and Andy Riley
- Ben Taylor and Andrew Chaplin
- Hannah Mackay
London, 1887. A lawless city. Jewel thieves and body snatchers stalk the streets and the police do their best to contain them - but it isn't easy. At the forefront of that fight is Detective Inspector Rabbit.
Rabbit's been chasing bad guys for as long as he can remember, but now he's not as young as he was and his heart keeps stopping at inopportune moments. So Rabbit's boss, Chief Inspector Wisbech forces him to get a partner - young, fresh-faced and clueless Sergeant Strauss, just down from Cambridge. He isn't cut out for this sort of work. He's only ever read about the East End in pamphlets. But he's really, really keen.
In the East End, crime is relentless so when they're tasked with solving the murder of another young women, it doesn't seem that unusual. Until they notice a second bullet hole, and a mysterious symbol on her make up compact, which leads them into a labyrinthine quest for a killer, while rubbing shoulders with crooked politicians. Along the way, they team up with Mabel, the daughter of the Chief of Police, who has ambitions to become the first female police officer, or 'Fopper'.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Ye Sweeney (Working title)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Monday 10th June 2019 on Channel 4 at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 15th July 2019 on Channel 4 at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Saturday 20th July 2019 at 2:05am