- 2016 - 2017
- BBC One
- 7 (1 pilot + 1 series)
- Kevin Bishop, Dave Hill, Mark Bonnar, Dominic Coleman, Jason Barnett, Harman Singh, Harry Peacock, Ricky Grover and others
- Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais
- Dominic Brigstocke
- Richard Webb
Porridge, the classic prison sitcom, returns nearly 40 years after Norman Stanley Fletcher served his time.
Fletch's grandson, also known as Fletch, is imprisoned for a series of cyber-crimes and finds himself sharing a cell with a former inmate of his grandfather's, Joe Lotterby. Watching over them are guards Meekie: a dour, mealy-mouthed Scot with an extremely suspicious nature; and Braithwaite: easily manipulated, but still not to be pushed too far.
Also inside are Shel and Aziz, with whom Fletch quickly becomes friends, and prison bad-boy Richie Weeks, whom he tries his best to stay in the good books of - lest he fall foul of Weeks's psychotic handyman, Scudds!
- First broadcast
- Sunday 28th August 2016 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 10th November 2017 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 8th April 2020 at 1:00pm on Gold