- 21st January: Comedy.co.uk Awards 2018 shortlist
- Comedy Drama
- 2015 - 2018
- Channel 4
- 21 (3 series)
- Paul Abbott
- Joanna Scanlan, Alexandra Roach, Elaine Cassidy, Paul Ritter, Will Mellor, Claudia Adshead, Ste Johnston, Neet Mohan and others
- Paul Abbott and Paul Tomalin
- Catherine Morshead and Misha Manson-Smith
- Anna Ferguson, Simon Meyers, Philip Leach, Martin Carr, Paul Abbott and Paul Coe
No Offence follows the tough but big-hearted bobbies who go above and beyond to bring down the criminal rabble in a crumbling cop-shop.
Keeping these streets clean is a Herculean task, enough to demoralize even the keenest rookie - but there's a reason why this hotchpotch of committed cops are on this force, on this side of town.
Drug labs, arsonists, neo-Nazis and notorious murderers are all in a day's work for this close-knit team, led by the dizzyingly capable but unquestionably unhinged DI Vivienne Deering. But when a particularly twisted serial killer emerges it leaves even the most hardened of these seasoned coppers reeling.
Flanked by her right-hand women - the compassionate but impulsive DC Dinah Kowalska and DS Joy Freers - Deering and her team must crack the case by whatever unconventional means possible. Because amidst all the assorted low life; the pimps, the petty thieves, and downright nasty bastards they've dealt with, some cases touch their lives in ways they could never expect.
Paul Abbott says: "No Offence is a precinct cop drama. It's also one of the funniest things I've ever been allowed to put together. It doesn't look like anything else. No Offence's cake mix is as bipolar as they get - it lurches from jet black laugh-out-loud, into fragile material on the turn of a sixpence. Writing three strong female leads is one thing. Writing women that men would choose as leaders has been particularly satisfying."
- Production company
- Also known as
- No Offence III
- Laugh track
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 5th May 2015 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 18th October 2018 on Channel 4 at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Saturday 20th October 2018 at 2:10am