- 2018 - 2019
- BBC One
- 13 (2 series)
- Alison Steadman, John Cleese, Jason Watkins, Rosie Cavaliero, Joanna Scanlan, Anne Reid, James Cosmo, Peter Egan and more
- Charles McKeown
- Sandy Johnson and Nick Gorman
- Moira Williams, Humphrey Barclay, Chris Sussman and Frances Mable
For Edith, life is pretty good. She's been a widow for some years now, but her children live locally and drop by regularly, and she enjoys daily visits from Phil, an old boyfriend who now lives across the road.
Phil dreams of marrying Edith, and the pair of them upping sticks and moving abroad to the sunshine. But after months of turning him down, on the happy day Edith finally says "yes", there's a knock on the door - and there on the step, with a large suitcase, is her 50 year old son Roger. He announces that he's left his wife, his kids and his good job at the bank, and come home in an attempt to find his lost happiness again. And in a blink, to Edith's dismay and Phil's fury, all dreams are on hold.
- Also known as
- Edith (Original announced title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Sunday 18th February 2018 at 7:30pm on BBC One
- Most recent repeats
- Twickenham Film Studios - Rehearsals in week beginning 5th June; filming from 12th June.
- Richmond - Location filming
- Hedsor House - Phil & Edith's wedding