- 2009 - 2012
- BBC One Scotland, BBC Two Scotland
- 19 (3 series)
- Greg McHugh, Robert Jack, Scott Fletcher, Paul-James Corrigan, Stuart Bowman, Miles Jupp, Leah MacRae and James Rottger
- Greg McHugh and Chris Grady
- Iain Davidson
- Rab Christie, Ewan Angus and Colin Gilbert
BBC Scotland sitcom featuring Scottish BAFTA-winning writer-performer and stand-up Greg McHugh as Gary McLintoch, an army soldier with a difference.
Gary is a Tank Commander in the British Army who loves getting a sun tan, drinking Baileys and philosophising about everything from pizza to the peace process. Having just returned to Edinburgh from Iraq, Gary and his tank crew of Jacko (the brawn), Charlie (the brains) and Adam (the libido), are soon reminded that Mid Lothian can be almost as eventful as the Middle East.
The boys are given menial tasks by their unforgiving Sergeant and try to cope as best as possible with the situations that arise.
Series 1 sees Gary accidentally recruiting his friend Julie, using a tank to collect a cooker in the middle of a training exercise, and trying to prevent an American General from causing an international incident.
All this is made more difficult as Gary and the boys have to stay one step ahead of the Captain and the fiery Sergeant Thomson, who delights in punishing them in cruel and unusual ways.
The episodes also contain flashback footage of the boys in Iraq, as well as monologues where Gary offers his upbeat and often surreal thoughts on all things, from politics to pizza.
- First broadcast
- Monday 16th November 2009 at 9pm on BBC Two Scotland
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 29th October 2012 at 10:35pm on BBC One Scotland
- Next repeats
- Most recent repeats