- 5th March: Comedies up for RTS Awards 2019
- 14th January: Mackenzie Crook and Sarah Kendall win Writers' Guild Awards
- 4th December: Writers' Guild Awards 2019 shortlist
- 2014 - 2017
- BBC Four
- 19 (3 series)
- Mackenzie Crook, Toby Jones, Rachael Stirling, Gerard Horan, Pearce Quigley, Divian Ladwa, Laura Checkley, Orion Ben and others
- Mackenzie Crook
- Mackenzie Crook
- Adam Tandy, Gill Isles, Kristian Smith, Jonno Richards, Lisa Thomas, Alan Marke, Jim Reid and Alex Moody
Detectorists follows the relationship between two friends who share a passion for metal detecting.
When Andy and Lance are together, they're like an old married couple. They gripe at each other, but there is a true bond underneath. Each has their own slightly dysfunctional lives but together they dream of finding a priceless Saxon hoard that will cement their place in detecting history.
Helping them along the way is a delightfully quirky crowd of characters who are drawn to this all-absorbing hobby.
Across the first six episodes greed, betrayal, rejection and, finally redemption are all played out as the boys and their eccentric friends at the Danbury Metal Detecting Club search for that one big find.
Series 2 starts a whole year on. Lance is lovelorn after the departure of his ex-wife, but just maybe he is about to surprise everybody with a new relationship...
Meanwhile, Andy and his wife Becky are now proud parents, facing all the responsibilities that brings, but despite qualifying as an archaeologist, Andy is still mostly unemployed and their shared hopes for the future look further off than ever.
- Production companies
- Also known as
- The Detectors (Working title)
- Laugh track
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Thursday 2nd October 2014 on BBC Four at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 13th December 2017 on BBC Four at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 26th December 2018 at 10:00pm