- 1997 - 2001
- Channel 4
- 7 (1 series)
- Chris Morris, Mark Heap, Kevin Eldon, Doon Mackichan, David Cann, Barbara Durkin, Amelia Bullmore, Albert Welling and others
- Chris Morris
- Michael Cumming
- Caroline Leddy and Chris Morris
Acting as the anchor as well as acting as various reporters, in Brass Eye Morris mocks the sensationalism and moral panics going on in the news at the time, delving into subjects such as animal right, the war on drugs, and most infamously the moral panic in the press over paedophilia.
As well as mocking the news, the show also attacked celebrity campaigns, coming up various mock campaigns and getting real-life celebs to spout nonsense, most notably over "cake" - a completely fictional drug that ended up being mentioned in Parliament by an MP at the time.
- Production company
- Music by Chris Morris and Jonathan Whitehead.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 29th January 1997 on Channel 4 at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 26th July 2001 on Channel 4 at 10:35pm
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 21st August 2012 at 12:35am on 4seven