Sitcom Mission rules
All participants must read and comply with the following rules before entering their script(s):
- The competition is open to anyone. There is a £15 entry fee per script, which is non-refundable. There is no limit to the number of entries made.
- Entrants should write a 15-minute sitcom script. Scripts must be legibly typed and must be no more than 15 minutes in length.
- It is a condition of entry that entrants warrant that their work contains no defamatory matter, also that it does not breach any third party rights or contain any quotation from copyright material without appropriate permission having been obtained.
- The script must be the entrants' original work. Professional and produced writers are eligible to enter.
- Co-written scripts may be entered and writing teams are also allowed.
- The sitcom must be written primarily in English.
- The selection panel's decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Sitcom Mission Ltd does not accept any responsibility for late, delayed, damaged, ineligible, fraudulent or lost entries. The right is reserved for the whole script not to be read if it is clear that the quality of writing or subject matter is in breach of these rules.
- The selection panel will select a longlist of up to 6 scripts. The writers of those scripts will then be given feedback from the producers and two weeks to rewrite their episode and return it to the producers. This process will continue until the producers are happy with the standard and potential of the entries and they will choose up to four entries for the industry showcase.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their entries.
- The prizes (presentation at the industry showcase) must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred or transferred.
- Sitcom Mission Ltd reserves the right to withhold prizes, alter the closing date, amend the rules or to cancel the competition in whole or in part if they consider it necessary or if the standard of entries so justifies.
- All entries must be uploaded to the Sitcom Mission website so that they are received no later than the stated time and date on the competition entry page. The deadline for receiving entries for the competition is final. No entries received after the given date will be considered. Sitcom Mission Ltd can accept no responsibility for any uploading delays. Proof of uploading is not proof of receipt.
- The names of the long-listed entrants will be posted on the Sitcom Mission website. Following the final selection panel meeting, the names of the selected writers going through to the industry showcase stage will then be posted on the website at a later date.
- Winners agree to take part in any post-competition publicity as required.
- Sitcom Mission Ltd reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Sitcom Mission Ltd has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- Sitcom Mission Ltd will only ever use personal details for the purposes of this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without permission.
- These rules are governed by the law of England and Wales.