Whilst the Walmington-On-Sea Home Guard are most famous for their exploits on television, they did also carry out their duty on the wireless
- 1974 - 1976
- BBC Radio 4
- 67 (3 series)
- Arthur Lowe, John Le Mesurier, Clive Dunn, John Laurie, Arnold Ridley, Ian Lavender, James Beck, Graham Stark and others
- Jimmy Perry, David Croft, Michael Knowles and Harold Snoad
- John Dyas
Adapted from the highly sccessful television series, the radio version of Dad's Army also looked in on the activities of the Walmington-On-Sea Home Guard. The troops are lead by the pompous Captain Mainwaring, with help from this upper-class subordinate Sergeant Wilson and old war-horse Lance Corporal Jones.
There was also the usual members of the platoon: mummy's boy Private Pike; pessimistic and miserly Scotsman Private Frazer; old and frail Private Godfrey; and black market 'spiv' Private Walker.
View recording details
- First broadcast
- Monday 28th January 1974 on BBC Radio 4 at 6:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 7th September 1976 on BBC Radio 4 at 12:27pm
- Last repeat
- Saturday 10th November 2018 at 11:30am on Radio 4 Extra