Status report Page 4,687

AJGO is very happy with the ridiculously hot weather.
And now she has been inspired to eat a big bowl of cheesey pasta she is even happier.
And Jane P was great last night, and was lovely seeing Harridan (I don't know if I mentioned that, Harridan :D) and was lovely to meet Huge Bear and see his tattoo..
Apart from this mofo of a cold all is groovy, as long as I don't think about all the work I have to catch up on due to brain being cold-addled. Darn, good thing I have comfort food

Quote: zooo @ July 24 2012, 2:00 PM BST

Agreed. I've been too hot for weeks,

I thought you lived in Britain?

Quote: AJGO @ July 24 2012, 2:04 PM BST

And now she has been inspired to eat a big bowl of cheesey pasta she is even happier.
And Jane P was great last night, and was lovely seeing Harridan (I don't know if I mentioned that, Harridan :D) and was lovely to meet Huge Bear and see his tattoo..
Apart from this mofo of a cold all is groovy, as long as I don't think about all the work I have to catch up on due to brain being cold-addled. Darn, good thing I have comfort food

That sounds too long for a cold, get to the doctor and get some moxyoxolin type antibiotics!

Quote: AJGO @ July 24 2012, 2:04 PM BST

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I used to. It's pretty pleasant up here. Not very sunny today, but good and warm.

Quote: Nogget @ July 24 2012, 2:10 PM BST

I thought you lived in Britain?

Just cos it's been cloudy doesn't mean it hasn't also been warm!

Quote: zooo @ July 24 2012, 2:17 PM BST

Just cos it's been cloudy doesn't mean it hasn't also been warm!

Fair enough, we're always cooler down here on the coast, it hasn't been warm since March. It's gorgeous today though.

Quote: Marc P @ July 24 2012, 2:12 PM BST

That sounds too long for a cold, get to the doctor and get some moxyoxolin type antibiotics!

:D
It's been less than a week, I've just complained so much it seems like longer, sorry!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 24 2012, 2:15 PM BST

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I used to. It's pretty pleasant up here. Not very sunny today, but good and warm.

Very sunny here. Need to find someone with a private garden so I can get my even paler than the rest of me bits out

What about Regents Park

I have just bought my first piece of sporting attire since I was at school (when my mum used to buy em). I bought myself a tracksuit. I look like a knob. Like a homeless PE teacher. But f**k you, I did it.

Yesterday I started the "Couch to 5k" running plan. Before yesterday, Lee had not ran since well, I can never remember running. I remember trying and having to recover for 20 mins after a few steps. But I can never remember running. Oh, there was a time when I chased after a shoplifter but I only did that to look good. But I returned a sweaty mess and never caught him, so it was a waste of time anyway.

If you haven't seen the Couch to 5k thing before, I suggest you Google it.

My second run is tomorrow. I am looking forward to it but also dreading it. Hopefully in 9 weeks time I shall be able to run 30 mins with ease. And you guessed it, I will be running straight to Subways.

Now, I'm going for a cigarette because I'm hardcore.

I did the Couch to 5K in practice for the Race for Life. I didn't make it in 30 minutes.
Give up now, Lee.

Quote: Booo @ July 24 2012, 3:52 PM BST

I did the Couch to 5K in practice for the Race for Life. I didn't make it in 30 minutes.
Give up now, Lee.

Laughing out loud How many weeks did you get in?

I tried that! It went quite well for a few weeks, when my knees went a bit mental. Which put me off trying again. But was fun aside from that.

Bloody hell. Two quitters! That's not very inspiring. :P

I started with a mile, then a 5k, then I did a 10k, then a half marathon...

Get decent running shoes though.

Yeah, I definitely need better shoes. But this shitty town has no decent shops. So I may have to go to the hassle of buying them off the net. The hassle being, if they don't fit.

I'm almost tempted by VFF but I'm not sure if they're a novelty? Ex-Lady Lee bought a pair and never bloody used them. Plus, they look WEIRD.