Never Mind The Buzzcocks 2008 Page 2

Heheh!

I think his new hair might be a grower.

Liked the ep.
Watched it on iPlayer.

I liked that everyone on the panel had uniformly concluded that Kid Rock was shit. Made my day a little better.

I think one of the guys out of McFly was gonna be on it but pulled out at the last minute. Pity, I think he must have realised that going on that show would have been an open invitation for Amstel to tell him that his band is a terrible vacuum of talent.

McFly and Amstell used to be buddies in his Popworld days!

What? No way!

I just had a look on the internet, it's true. They even had a McFly PopWorld special. I don't know what to think now.

This is almost as disturbing as that time I saw the footage of Amstel acting like an 11 year old prick on GamesMaster.

Quote: Zombie Mussolini @ October 5 2008, 12:03 PM BST

This is almost as disturbing as that time I saw the footage of Amstel acting like an 11 year old prick on GamesMaster.

Is this on YouTube? I got to see that! :)

Did they not actually show it on Never Mind The Buzzcocks?

It is! Simon Amstell On Gamesmaster! You see him about a minute in! :D

Yeah it's on YouTube.
It's funny because Amstel talks so much much bull about how his team the Essex Allstars are gonna destroy all competition.

Then he, personally, loses horribly at some tennis game and has the gall to make up some excuse about the buttons not working or something. He's made to eat some nasty humble pie in that clip.

In retrospect it can help shed some light on how vicious he can sometimes be on BuzzCocks.

He's a little kid.
It's sweet.

You want vicious, look at Lamarr!

But their styles are different. Amstell's is more ... biting, somehow. No?

I think he's more endearing.

Lamarr seemed like he genuinely despised everyone, whereas Simon seems to me more like he's just teasing them.

The difference was that you could tell when Lamarr was pissed off with someone. It made him seem somewhat less professional as a host.

Amstel, on the other hand, can roll with any situation as it comes at him. He can be really nasty when he wants to be, but he never make the situation uncomfortable and awkward.

Quote: Zombie Mussolini @ October 6 2008, 8:52 PM BST

Amstel never make the situation uncomfortable and awkward.

We are obviously watching different programmes.

Quote: Zombie Mussolini @ October 6 2008, 8:52 PM BST

Amstel, on the other hand, can roll with any situation as it comes at him. He can be really nasty when he wants to be, but he never make the situation uncomfortable and awkward.

Yeah.. You must be thinking of someone else! Everyone felt awkward when Preston walked!

Oh I loved that bit.