Never Mind The Buzzcocks 2008 Page 7

So, I've heard that Amstell is gone and Bailey has been replaced by Noel Fielding. I'm not sure how reliable The Sun is, though.

Amstell gone? He's the main reason for watching it! Fielding is awful. Oh dear.

And the host will be a guest every week.

Please, just kill the show now. Having guest hosts is a horrible concept. HIGNFY really should have settled on someone as a permanent presenter.

I hate guest hosts.

I'd love Phill Jupitus as a host. Never before have I actually wanted it, I've always felt that he was too perfect as a team captain. But he is a comedian. And he also has a crazy amount of music knowledge. So in essence, the show would become something like a cross between the Amstell and Lamarr eras. With a more of a focus on music but hopefully as funny as the Amstell episodes gave us.

Plus, he's been there since the beginning and recently I've been feeling a bit of second hand embarrassment for him being in the role he is. If he was to be become host, he could become the patriarch of the show and spread his knowledge far and wide.

(Also, I'm afraid that he's going to leave and by making him host, he'll have to stay longer!)

I'd wish he (Jupitus) would leave too. He's rubbish.

I'm really surprised that Simon left. He hasn't been doing it that long and he was very good at it. I'm happy about Noel Fielding though. He's great.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ April 30 2009, 7:58 PM BST

recently I've been feeling a bit of second hand embarrassment for him being in the role he is.

How? Why? :S

Ugh to Fielding, it's enough to make me never watch it again.

I was sceptical about Amstell when he started but I have to say I loved him on it, not quite Lamarr, but great still.

I thought the new series of Shooting Stars was replacing Buzzcocks though?

Quote: sardines @ April 30 2009, 11:18 PM BST

Ugh to Fielding, it's enough to make me never watch it again.

I was sceptical about Amstell when he started but I have to say I loved him on it, not quite Lamarr, but great still.

Learn.

Quote: zooo @ April 30 2009, 11:19 PM BST

Learn.

I get what you're saying alright. :D

...it's just that I wasn't all the familiar with Amstell at that point, apart from the fact he was a few years younger than me and I REALLY loved Lamarr.

Heh.
I liked Lamarr too. But in the end I think Amstell was much better.

Lamarr had a fairly big drop in quality for the last two series.

...although he was co-writing 15 Storeys High at that time so I'll let him away with it.

Final two series? Was 15 Storeys High really that recent?

Quote: Aaron @ April 30 2009, 8:21 PM BST

How? Why? :S

I'm not too sure. I think it's partially because it started off as a music-with-comedy show and now it's a comedy-with-music show and Phill fits more into the music aficionado role rather than comedian (I don't find myself laughing at his stand up) so the lack of music facts almost jar with his random outbursts of musical knowledge.

I think it's also partially because he seems to feel like he has to take on the father role when he's put with guests who are more than half his age, especially when all the guests are young and he's obviously the oldest in the room (not that that should matter, but it does seem to).

The fact that he is now the only remaining member of the original Buzzcocks team on what is starting to feel a little bit like a sinking ship also doesn't help.

Having said that, so many people thought the show would go downhill when Lamarr left and it now has as high a profile as ever.

Quote: Aaron @ May 1 2009, 1:52 AM BST

Final two series? Was 15 Storeys High really that recent?

2002-2004, according to the British Sitcom Guide.