The Beatles...wot you rek? Page 6

God Jim Morrison was yum.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 6 2008, 8:56 PM BST

God Jim Morrison was yum.

You know, I think Azza would say the exact same thing. Ian - you've gotta join in on the John Malkevich-themed fun!

Malkovich*

Quote: Stan Doubt @ September 6 2008, 9:04 PM BST

You know, I think Azza would say the exact same thing. Ian - you've gotta join in on the John Malkevich-themed fun!

I can't be bothered, though it is funny.
Anyway Stan, you will know that it's been done before.

Really? Did not know that. Shame.

Quote: Griff @ September 6 2008, 3:56 PM BST

Aaron doesn't like the Beatles. But we can disregard his views quite safely.

Safely my arse!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 6 2008, 4:00 PM BST

Aaron is an Aqua fan. Enough said.

Pleased

Quote: Griff @ September 6 2008, 6:40 PM BST

I think you'll find John Lennon wrote poetry and had books of it published?

He's an even bigger wanker than I thought.

Quote: Curt @ September 6 2008, 6:36 PM BST

Correct. And it's not the lyrics that were nicked it was the music behind it. Or so the documentary told. I tried to find an interview I saw on The Hour with the film maker talking about visiting some of these Blues Legends in dirty old night clubs in the 90's (with hardly anyone there watch them play) who were so thankful for someone to be interested in their story. It was really sad to hear but I couldn't find the video. If I do find it I'll post it for you.

If you find the vid I'd be very interested to see it. :)

Btw I have vinyl albums in my collection by Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Leadbelly, etc. I sure hope those old boys got paid something as I've listened to their stuff all my life since age 12. That's about 15 years or so... Whistling nnocently

Quote: DaButt @ September 6 2008, 6:26 PM BST

Blue Man Group have covered "White Rabbit." Is that close enough?

Close indeed yes, but ain't that bestiality? :)

Quote: Timbo @ September 6 2008, 6:38 PM BST

Never been that big on the Who, though curiously I am a huge Small Faces fan.

I think it is because Townsend is such a tosser. And yes, I know, Lennon, Jagger et al were also tossers, but at least they never accepted editorial posts at Faber & Faber. (I can forgive paedophilia, but poetry...)

And if we are name checking sixties bands, I would like to stand up and be counted for Creedence Clearwater Revival.

You need to stand up and be counted as a tosser too then. How can you possibly describe Lennon and Jagger as tossers, you tosser! What justification do you have? ;)

Agree on Small Faces, ace band and you're also right about Creedence, a major power house and their 'I put a spell on you' is one of the best versions ever.

You're clearly wrong about forgiving paedophilia though. Believe me, one of my family was a victim of this and it's not forgiveable at all, ever.

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2008, 8:57 AM BST

He's an even bigger wanker than I thought.

Yes well, it takes one to know one! :P

As has been said, we can ignore your musical views without losing any worthwhile opinion! ;)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 7 2008, 9:26 AM BST

You're clearly wrong about forgiving paedophilia though. Believe me, one of my family was a victim of this and it's not forgiveable at all, ever.

I know. A neighbour of my mother used to foster abused children. The stories she told me are etched in my memory. The good news is that, despite what you sometimes hear said, these children are not beyond hope. She and her husband worked miracles with them. (They adopted five of them.)

I know mate. But the scars won't heal for some of the kids. She still has nightmares 40 years after. But she's had two kids of her own and at least one decent bloke in her life so as you say, all is not lost!

Thanks for the post! :)

P.S. It's technically correct to refer to me as a tosser btw as The Editor of the forums has advised that it has been proven (see my many other posts!) Cool

Oh, speak of the devil..

Frankie, no matter what you may say, Lennon's still a c**t. Good riddance!

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2008, 9:40 AM BST

Frankie, no matter what you may say, Lennon's still a c**t. Good riddance!

Good riddance? I'm not going anywhere..

:O or am I.. *gulp.. listens for ban stick*

Aaron, you're not French so you're entitled to your opinion! ;)

Good riddance to him. For being dead. And not poisoning the world with any more of his hugely overrated crap.

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2008, 10:26 AM BST

Good riddance to him. For being dead. And not poisoning the world with any more of his hugely overrated crap.

Well, congratulations for proving what an ignorant arse you are (musically).

You're off my Christmas card list! But then again, I don't send any...

Let's agree to differ in opinion on the Lennon topic.

Laughing out loud

If not liking John Lennon means I'm an ignorant arse, then I'm proud to be one and shall proclaim it from the rooftops.

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2008, 11:25 AM BST

If not liking John Lennon means I'm an ignorant arse, then I'm proud to be one and shall proclaim it from the rooftops.

*Aaaron proclaims from rooftops - 'I am an ignorant arse'*

Not liking him doesn't make you an ignorant arse.

It's the name-calling and the rest of the bullshit you are saying about him that makes you an ignorant arse!