The Beatles...wot you rek? Page 9

"And your bird can sing.."

"Strawberry Fields forever"..

Does it for me..

Off to see the Beatles' 1969 Rooftop Concert tomorrow. Only 53 years late...

They should have done some of the old stuff
But Get back is a good tune, especially when they changed it from being about immigrants originally

Get Back: Interview with Paul Jackson on his new Beatles documentary
Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, but Paul Jackson's new documentary shows a more positive side as the Beatles were having fun. While Let It Be showed the Beatles at loggerheads, Paul Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side to the Beatles, as they were having fun. By showing that the Beatles were having fun and not at loggerheads, Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side.
So how does Paul's Get Back differ from Let It Be?
'It shows a more positive side to the Beatles,' Paul reveals. 'In Let It Be, they're at loggerheads, but in Get Back, they're clearly having fun. By showing the Beatles were having fun, I show a more positive side to the Beatles. It's more positive because they're not at loggerheads. They're having fun. And by showing that the Beatles were having fun, and not just at loggerheads, it shows them from a different, mote positive side.'
Paul McCartney agrees. 'When you watch Let It Be, it's like we're at loggerheads all the time. But we were having fun! And I think that's how Get Back differs from Let It Be. It's more positive, I guess. It shows us having fun. It's like, Guys, we're having fun. We're not necessarily - I don't know, at loggerheads all the time. And I think Get Back shows that. It shows a group just - well, just having fun. Not, like - you know, at loggerheads. It's a more positive side.'
Ringo agrees too. 'When you watch Let It Be, you get the impression we were at loggerheads. But Get Back shows a more positive side to us. A side where we have fun. It's more positive because we're having fun. We're not - how can I put it? - at loggerheads all the time. We're having fun too. And I think that shows a more positive side to us.'
So, what can viewers expect to see from Get Back that they didn't see in Let It Be? Let's hope it shows a more positive side to the Beatles as they're having fun. And not at loggerheads.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th February 2022, 6:43 AM

By showing that the Beatles were having fun and not at loggerheads, Jackson's documentary shows a more positive side......................................................

..................................... We're having fun too. And I think that shows a more positive side to us.'
So, what can viewers expect to see from Get Back that they didn't see in Let It Be? Let's hope it shows a more positive side to the Beatles as they're having fun. And not at loggerheads.

Er yes, I think we got the message ?

But they are only showing the rooftop concert. So the only loggerheads to be witnessed is likely to be with PC Ray Dagg.

Oops, I forgot to add the word 'ill-fated' before 'Let It Be'.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPLyfdCyws

Quote: Charley @ 6th September 2008, 2:23 AM

Not as good as The Doors, The Stones, Small Faces, The Who & The Eagles.
But still very good!

Agreed...except for The Eagles.

There are around 213 Beatles songs, about 1% missed for me. #9 and the one with Sitars. Who else managed that level of consistency ?

It's not just their musical output but the effect they had at the time on popular music and not just music but just about everything.
There's no excuse for" Maxwell's..." though.

I've always liked Maxwell. It's a perfect metaphor for life and works as a foil to the seriousness of the previous two tracks. Shows how important ordering is.
Linda said to Paul, I want to be at Slotheringdon. He said, Be where, my love?

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd March 2022, 11:41 PM

There are around 213 Beatles songs, about 1% missed for me. #9 and the one with Sitars. Who else managed that level of consistency ?

Number 9 is like Salinger's Crapworth 16: heavy-going, but the logical conclusion to where the artist was going. The only one I'm not so into is Mr Moonlight, which isn't even theirs. So yeah, not a bad track record.

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th February 2022, 7:17 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPLyfdCyws

In the words of Sylvia Plath, lol.

Hey Jude. Interminable. I lose the will to live long before it reaches its merciful conclusion.

Me too, and his godawful Long and Winding Road. Both John & Paul's songwriting became tedious and forced by 1968, their egos so bloated with fame from their best mid period, Help, Rubber Soul & Revolver and undeservedly from Sgt. Peppers on. Abbey Road is the most pretentious overrated load of rock rubbish ever created, its only interest is the huffy Lennon versus Macca solo songwriting duel of side 1 and 2.

You wash your mouth out!!!