Red Dwarf to return Page 7

Oooo, cooolies!

Quote: Mark @ September 17 2008, 7:11 PM BST

Details from The Guardian:

Meanwhile UKTV shows for Channel Dave officially announced today include Argumental and a gadget show called Batteries Not Included, the latter of which will be presented by... John Cleese!

And to contradict, here's a quote from Kryten:

We're doing four new shows - two of them are going to be proper new episodes of Red Dwarf. [The third programme] is so exciting I've been asked not to say anything because other people will steal the idea. And it is a great idea, quite challenging for us as performers. The [final programme] is a kind of behind-the-scenes… the truth… there's been so many rumours and gossip about Red Dwarf, so all those things.

I'm looking forward to all this!
:D

There should be an official announcement tomorrow as to exactly what form the new Dwarf shows will take.

We're heading for a massive anti-climax, aren't we?

Quote: chipolata @ September 18 2008, 2:10 PM BST

We're heading for a massive anti-climax, aren't we?

Why say that?

We know we are now getting one look-back show and two brand new half hour episodes of Red Dwarf. The fourth one should be announced tomorrow.

I can't believe they've waited this long for an announcement. I think it's worth the wait though.....

One positive thing about waiting so long, is that the script should be good. The problem with a lot of sitcoms is that the people who write them don't spend enough time working on them.

Now officially confirmed that there will be 4 new episodes. 2 of them proper episodes, 1 behind the scenes and 1 a clip show with a difference apparently. They will be broadcast sometime next year and a DVD release will doubtless follow.

So what is it?

:P

LOL @ So What Is It?
:)

Classic!

Red Dwarf is actually my fave.

I for one wasn't disappointed with the latter 2 series and I thought series 8 was a breath of fresh air.

Although, the earlier series' ARE absolute classics.

I met the Dwarfers (excluding Craig Charles who had Corrie commitments) a couple of years ago at the series 8 DVD signing, HMV, London.

My favourite ever ever episode in the history of Red Dwarf ever ever has got to be the backwards one. Top banana! I loved the extras on the DVD, very funny!

Filming starts in January!!

Quote: Princess Pancake @ October 24 2008, 3:09 AM BST

My favourite ever ever episode in the history of Red Dwarf ever ever has got to be the backwards one. Top banana! I loved the extras on the DVD, very funny!

yeah, Backwards was great. :)

This is excellent news. I have been waiting for the movie for about four years now. :P

So does anyone know who's gonna be writing this then?
In that Llwel...lwelly...Robert interview he mentioned Doug (Naylor) by name but didn't mention Rob Grant.
I hope they're going to be writing this together.
I am soooo excited anyway!