- Panel Show
- 2008 - 2012
- 44 (4 series), plus 5 highlights specials
- Ricky Kelehar
- John Sergeant, Sean Lock, Marcus Brigstocke, Rufus Hound, Robert Webb and Seann Walsh
- Simon Bullivant, Lee Stuart Evans, Simon Evans, Jim Pullin, Shaun Pye, Charlie Skelton, Fraser Steele, Martin Trenaman and more
- Ian Lorimer and Richard Valentine
- David Taylor, Dominic English, Gary Chippington and Clive Tulloh
Panel show in which teams must argue for or against various topics - not necessarily topics they personally agree with, but they must pretend they do.
For example, in the classic debate round, teams animatedly discuss such pearls of wisdom as: "London should not host the Olympics in 2012"; "The credit crunch is no bad thing"; "Recycling is a waste of time"; and "The Royal Family serve no purpose". One team is for the statement, one against.
The teams then move on to a visual aids round, followed by an alternative 'flip-flop' round, where contestants have to argue against themselves, changing their argument around every time the bell sounds (in some episodes this round was changed to arguing against the opponent).
With plenty of lively debate, some quick thinking and some sneaky point scoring, Argumental takes all the most topical and contentious issues of the day and rips them to shreds.
- Also known as
- Whose Side Are You On? (Working title)
- First broadcast
- Monday 27th October 2008 at 9:40pm on Dave
- Most recent repeats
- The London Studios - Series One recorded at The London Studios in September 2008. Series Two recorded in September and October 2009.