What are you drinking? Page 174

"Hot chocolate, drinking chocolate, hot chocolate, drinking chocolate".

Since giving up alcohol I'm getting my sugar rush from drinking a lot of Horlicks and hot chocolate with chocolate bars. Bavaria zero alcohol beer has a nice lager taste and is brewed without alcohol unlike other zero alcohol beers that are brewed with alcohol before it's removed.

Just realised I missed out on National Tea Day last month (21st)

My favourite is Assam

From Wednesday I won't be drinking alcohol for several months whilst on a new course of tablets. Hope I have the willpower!

Gave up drinking and smoking 7 years ago now, and don't miss it a tiny bit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st May 2023, 3:38 PM

My favourite is Assam

My favourite is Typhoo. £1 for a box of 100 bags. That's 1p per bag.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st May 2023, 4:23 PM

My favourite is Typhoo. £1 for a box of 100 bags. That's 1p per bag.

I knew it! You are Scottish - McYarooh!!

Hoots! Do you put those pennies you save in your sporran with the money you save on printing, Mon?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st May 2023, 3:38 PM

Just realised I missed out on National Tea Day last month (21st)

My favourite is Assam

How do you absorb it it if you gave up drinking 7 years ago? Eat it?

Just had a small sample of my homebrewed strong-ish bitter after filling two 5-gallon kegs. It's not carbonated yet, but the sample was malty and tasty. Golden Promise malt with a touch of caramel and chocolate malts; Progress, Fuggles, and First Gold hops; Fullers' yeast, and nicely drinkable at 5.1% ABV.

After I finish some cooking and laundry, I'll pop over to the grocery store bar for a couple of pints of this:

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2023, 6:18 PM

How do you absorb it it if you gave up drinking 7 years ago? Eat it?

Ha Ha

Just opened a 10% ABV Russian Imperial Stout that's been sitting in my fridge for a few months - exquisite!

Gave up alcohol in any form, along with smoking 8 years ago, and don't miss either one little bit

I'm having a pint of water and will then have one more alcohol free beer and decide after that if I move on to a Bovril or Horlicks. Or maybe hot chocolate and some hot chocolates (that sounds like the name of a band Alan Partridge is trying to set up and manage)

Heineken 0.0 beer is the nicest one I've tried so far. More expensive than it's Aldi counterpart but ice cold it really hits the spot. The Aldi one is still nice enough to always have a few in stock for when it's Madras night.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th December 2023, 7:25 PM

Heineken 0.0 beer is the nicest one I've tried so far.

I had a Guinness 0.0 a few weeks ago and it was very good. If I ever give up beer, it'll be my go-to.

But since I have no intention of giving up beer anytime soon, a question:

1. Any suggestions for beers or pubs when I'm in Edinburgh next month? The one next to our hotel serves Landlord, but I can't drink that every day...or can I?
2. As above, but substitute Dublin for Edinburgh, 12 days for next month, and Guinness for Landlord.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th March 2024, 5:20 PM

I had a Guinness 0.0 a few weeks ago and it was very good. If I ever give up beer, it'll be my go-to.

But since I have no intention of giving up beer anytime soon, a question:

1. Any suggestions for beers or pubs when I'm in Edinburgh next month? The one next to our hotel serves Landlord, but I can't drink that every day...or can I?
2. As above, but substitute Dublin for Edinburgh, 12 days for next month, and Guinness for Landlord.

Guinness 0.0 is very nice and I buy that sometimes for a Snooker final because having a few tins of the real stuff while watching a final used to be a tradition. The way it pours and tastes makes it near impossible to tell the difference.

I've never tried Landlord and it sounds very tasty but I don't think there's anything that could compare to a Dublin Guinness.