What are you drinking? Page 172

Quote: Chappers @ 12th February 2018, 10:08 PM

I didn't see Josh but I understand how Lager boys react to Real Ale drinkers

I watched Josh's bit on YouTube and found him to be annoying and completely clueless about real ale and homebrewing.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th February 2018, 10:08 PM

I only drink lager if I'm in a country which doesn't have decent beer.

I've had some great lagers, but life is too short to stick to one style of beer. Pilsners (a type of lager) can be very hoppy and tasty. They go down well during triple-digit-temp days by the pool.

A pint of 5% Sea Fury. A lovely dark beer that I haven't tried before.

White wine, as usual.

Recently tried Birra Moretti after seeing the advert a million times and I'm a convert. The smaller 330ml sized cans also make them easier to store.

Yesterday I made an amazing discovery. A large pan filled with ice and cans of Birra Moretti placed in the fridge will keep them ice cold for six hours without turning the contents to sludge. The ice slowly melts but the water is still cold enough to keep cans nicely chilled. Excuse my language but....f**king champion!

A glass of Old Hooky form the Hook Norton brewery. One of the best ales I've tried for a while and I've been trying a few new ones. A malty beer but with a bit of hoppy bite. I've found the recent craft beer marketing fad to make beer too hoppy and those horrible citrus ales are not nice, to my taste anyway. And I really don't like that Hop13 lager from Guinness. The two obviously don't mix.

A nice cup of tea. With a hot cross bun.

A hot cross bun ?!?

Coca Cola. The real red fat stuff.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th July 2019, 9:30 PM

Coca Cola. The real red fat stuff.

Sick Too much sugar!

"It's the real thing..................

Had a bottle of Dandelion and burdock earlier while scrubbing the floors and as a reward for an afternoon of hard graft I just had an ice cold Stowford Press mixed berries can of cider or three. Never tried it before and it's dangerous stuff.

Didn't we have a lo-ver-ly time the day we got pissed on Sunday. Got work the next day the rooms spinning away so it's time for bed.

I find a lot of the newer ciders are far to easy to drink I was recently in a micro pub where they had a salted caramel and a raspberry ripple cider,you wouldn't even know they was alcohol. Today I have been drinking lemsip as I always get a cold when the weather changes

A cup of tea. It's a work day tomorrow and I've got no lemonade or cola.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2019, 9:16 PM

It's a work day tomorrow ..........

Not for me it ain't. :D

I am literally a tea totaller.But even that has it's dangers apparently.My BH is getting her knickers in a knot over the plastic in the tea bags.So now she wants us to brew it loose in a pot.BUT she's worried about what's in the stainless steel of that pot or the strength of the glass of that pot or the handle on the china pot.

A pint of King Goblin at 6.6%. Love it but I'm not sure about the new branding though.