What are you drinking? Page 170

I had one of these earlier. Lovely ale with plenty of zingy freshness. And it's not brewed too far from me.

My neighbor just obtained some Zombie Dust from a brewery in Indiana. Famous, world class stuff. It's also brewed with Citra hops.

White wine, as usual.

Me and Mr TBN were wandering around the lovely Sussex town of Lewes yesterday when we bumped into my friend's ex-boyfriend, who works as a brewer. After we'd reminded him who we were(!) we chatted about beer and said that we both enjoyed a nice lager. He, being the real ale aficionado he was, replied rather sniffily that "yes, there are pubs that serve lager around here - they're usually in a fridge hidden by a curtain ..."

Charming ...

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 17th July 2016, 3:19 PM BST

we chatted about beer and said that we both enjoyed a nice lager. He, being the real ale aficionado he was, replied rather sniffily that "yes, there are pubs that serve lager around here - they're usually in a fridge hidden by a curtain ..."

I'm a craft beer lover, but there's still room for a nicely done lager. A good pilsner is sublime and perfect for hot summer days.

This is going down a treat.
Brewed up the road.

It's just the latest fad in beer taste, it is a very good one, I love golden ales and remember quaffing the first one that started it all in the 90s, Summer Lightening. Then the yanks started growing hops and now we have lemony flowery IPAs and golden ales flowing from our ears. I've had so many I decided to try a few pints and bottles of darker stuff recently as a total change and now can't wait for winter when the dark red bitters come into their own, I'm loving the depth and flavour after all the fresh zingers for so long.

In other words this latest craze is just a craze, I can confirm they are not better than our old bitter favourites, just different and the newest thing. Just opened a bottle of my favourite find of the last couple of years, Hogs Back's Gardener's Tipple, absolutely love it, leafy pond and marmalade. :S

Quote: DaButt @ 17th July 2016, 3:37 PM BST

I'm a craft beer lover, but there's still room for a nicely done lager. A good pilsner is sublime and perfect for hot summer days.

I'm glad to hear that :) I think that Mr Brewer was just being a bit snooty.

Just poured the first glass of my latest brew. It's an American pale ale brewed with Mosaic and Calypso hops and it's delicious.

I've been enjoying several bottles of this recently:

It's sweet and then bitter, so make's for a decent mouthful.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th July 2016, 4:48 AM BST

Just poured the first glass of my latest brew. It's an American pale ale brewed with Mosaic and Calypso hops and it's delicious.

Looks more like a Kiwi brew.

Went to Wakehurst Place which is linked to Kew Gardens this afternoon. I bought a bottle of Kew Gardens Honey Ale at 4.8%. Gorgeous! One of the best beers I've had in ages! Wish I'd bought more.

Visited the brewery in France and brought back a case, after our (now) annual pilgrimage to the Matisse Museum in Le Catteau, Northern France.
They've kept it down to 4.9% this year, which makes it even more delicious.

I'll call round and have one with ya the next time I'm 'down the smoke'

I have grown up in Yorkshire to be always told that London beer is wishy washy no head piss.
They don't know how to pour it and anyway it's not worth it if they do.

I was given bad advice. My local had London Pride as a guest beer
It was beautiful beer. I drank nothing else while it was on.
I was sad when it ran out and the landlord said he wouldn't be serving it again as it took him ages to sell the barrel.
Tight arsed Yorkshire men wouldnt pay the extra tanner for it.

I bought bottles of London Pride from the supermarket but it wasn't quite the same in bottles.
Then I found that Fullers do a 5 litre keg of draught LP online.

Oh, one of my all time favourite beers.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th April 2017, 10:03 AM

My local had London Pride as a guest beer It was beautiful beer.

I've had some great pints of Pride in London. They sell it in bottles and cans in the States, but it's almost impossible to find here in Texas. I once bought a rather nasty 6-pack and discovered that it was 2 years past its expiration date. Now I just brew my own bitter.

I took a tour of the brewery in London a few years ago. Highly recommended.