What are you drinking? Page 168

White wine - again.

I drank a lot of red wine tonight. Followed by an Amaretto sour.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 3rd November 2015, 10:00 PM GMT

Beer - Arbor Oz Bomb.

I assume it's brewed with some of the new Australian and New Zealand hops that are all the rage?

I had a bottle of this 8.7% Imperial IPA and it was great. It's made with Australian hops and grain and it was unusual and tasty.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/stone-anniversary-ales/stone-19th-anniversary-thunderstruck-ipa

STONE 19TH ANNIVERSARY THUNDERSTRUCK IPA
A DOUBLE IPA WITH 100% AUSTRALIAN HOPS
FIRST RELEASE: AUGUST 2015

Our 19th anniversary release brings the boom, delivering it to the palate in a voluminous, hop-driven thunderclap. This double IPA owes its considerable oomph to a quartet of Australian hops--Topaz and Galaxy, plus two newcomers, Ella and Vic Secret, that scored impressively in test batches. We're also applying the all-Aussie theme to the malt bill, which is composed entirely of an Australian variety called Fairview. The beer's striking tropical fruit, citrus and peach hop flavors and slightly resinous and aromatically dank earthiness are sure to electrify your senses.

We have many special beers planned for release to celebrate our 20 years of brewing, so let this serve as the first course to what will be an undoubtedly epic feast for craft beer enthusiasts, with particular thanks to those who've been with us for the long haul and helped us attain such longevity. Consider this the first of many Thank-Yous...for years to come!

RELEASE DATE: August 10, 2015

AVAILABLE IN:
22OZ BOTTLES AND DRAFT
STYLE: DOUBLE IPA
ALC/VOL: 8.7%
IBUs: 95
HOP VARIETIES: ELLA, GALAXY, TOPAZ & VIC SECRET

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 4th November 2015, 12:03 AM GMT

It's 2 x Aussie hops: Galaxy + Vic Secret. Schlurp.

I brew a really nice American pale ale with Galaxy and Mosaic hops. Fruity goodness.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 4th November 2015, 12:03 AM GMT

BTW Dabutt - my local craft offie has a burgeoning US section. Not sure how they get it all, but..

The website is a bit old-school beta, but it does the job:

Bitter Virtue

Just noticed this on their site:

Ale Smith Speedway Stout 12.0% 750Ml £20.75

Twenty quid a pop? Good grief.

That beer is about $14 here, so about £10 after taxes.

That's not a bad selection of American beers. They're mostly from larger breweries, but there are some good beers listed; most seem to be about 2-3x as expensive as over here, but that's the price we pay for imports.

I highly recommend anything Firestone Walker brew. In my opinion, they're the best all-around brewery in the country and I've never had a beer that I didn't like. Their anniversary releases are hard to find and retail for $25 per bottle, but it's worth it. That's the most I'll ever pay for beer.

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' is a good beer and I drink a lot of Founders All Day IPA. It's billed as a session IPA, so while it has a fairly strong hop presence it isn't very high in alcohol or calories, so I can drink it all day long. I buy a 15-pack of 355ml cans for $17 at the local supermarket.

Mateus Bianco.

White wine with a side order of BBQ Beef Hula Hoops - a food match made in Heaven even if I say so myself. Some may argue, however, that a red wine is necessary with the BBQ Beef variety and that white wine is best complemented by say, the salted variety?

Decaff tea.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th November 2015, 4:41 PM GMT

Decaff tea.

With lemon and honey?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th November 2015, 4:36 PM GMT

White wine with a side order of BBQ Beef Hula Hoops - a food match made in Heaven even if I say so myself. Some may argue, however, that a red wine is necessary with the BBQ Beef variety and that white wine is best complemented by say, the salted variety?

I definitely would have paired a red wine with a meaty crisp. You've let yourself down there.

Quote: zooo @ 28th November 2015, 4:58 PM GMT

I definitely would have paired a red wine with a meaty crisp. You've let yourself down there.

I knew it, I knew it >_<

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th November 2015, 4:36 PM GMT

White wine with a side order of BBQ Beef Hula Hoops

Was it this brand?

flavoured crisps/hula hoops etc. are the work of Satan. These things are best served pure, with a dash of salt.

Mulled Wine - to try and stave off this cold that's lurking.

Quote: keewik @ 28th November 2015, 5:13 PM GMT

flavoured crisps/hula hoops etc. are the work of Satan. These things are best served pure, with a dash of salt.

Nah! Have to be flavoured. Chicken, Prawn Cocktail - or how about Haggis?

Water - haven't had a "drink" for over two years now, and feel much better for it. Cool

I'm on water too at this moment.