What are you drinking? Page 164

Piss artist! :D

Have now moved on to white wine.

Quote: reds @ 20th June 2015, 12:29 PM BST

Have now moved on to white wine.

Couldn't give a XXXX for wine. You'll pay for it in the morning. Angelic

Just bought 2 litre bottle of cider from Lidl for £1.89 before the match.

even better than 8 Ace.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st July 2015, 11:57 PM BST

Just bought 2 litre bottle of cider from Lidl for £1.89 before the match.

even better than 8 Ace.

I thought certain beverages were banned from the plush suburbs of SW London? Mind you, there's a better class of park bench in the 'Royal Boroughs'.

Chappers thinks probably 2 in the afternoon is late enough for a lie in......

......before his guests arrive for the little soirée he has put on.

Last night I had one of these with a friend. I was in Vermont last week and drove 350 miles and spent 8 hours tracking down a mere 8 cans. It's one of the highest rated IPAs in the country and people literally follow the delivery truck as it makes its stops. Most stores only allow 1 or 2 4-packs per customer and the shelves are bare in about 5 minutes. The same can be said of another Vermont IPA, Heady Topper. I scored 12 cans of it.

How strong is it?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd July 2015, 2:41 PM BST

How strong is it?

Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper are both 8%, so they're considered imperial/double IPAs

Tried Deauchs? Greene King? Marstons? I'm mildy fascinated by the new ale revolution in the US as all we ever used to see on US shows and films was a pale looking lager being drunk. Just never thought they'd take to ales and bitters, now I'm seeing them on your TV shows, forget the show but they were in a beer shop with hundreds of British Ales on the shelves. Couldn't believe it. If you ever see Websters Yorkshire Bitter lemme know, I'd go over just to drink some again. Haven't seen it here for years. :(

I've tried most of the major UK brands over the years. Overall I'm a big fan of British-style beers. You guys have done remarkable work in brewing enjoyable beers at a low ABV.

Craft beer is taking off like crazy in the States. We now have more breweries than any time in our history and new ones are popping up every day, while the mega-lagers are losing market share year after year. People have finally learned that beer can be something other than flavorless water.

I took a tour of the Fullers brewery last year and the tour guide admitted that the U. S. was now making the best beers in the world, but promised that they'd catch up. ;)

The IPAs that I drank last night are as far removed from an English IPA as can be imagined. So much fruity, citrusy, piney hop flavor and aroma that you can literally smell it across the room.

I have a lot of fun brewing my favourite styles in my garage. I need to fire up the kettle again soon.

How can they call them India Pale Ale then? How is it defined?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd July 2015, 8:16 PM BST

How can they call them India Pale Ale then? How is it defined?

They're calling them American India pale ales these days. The categories and definitions are beers are always changing. One that cracks me up is Black IPAs, since black and pale are rather contradictory.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd July 2015, 8:30 PM BST

They're calling them American India pale ales these days. The categories and definitions are beers are always changing. One that cracks me up is Black IPAs, since black and pale are rather contradictory.

Can't be seen as being racist.

Ha ha. Flippin heck, 8% is a heavy brew, our IPAs are light refreshing drinks, that was the whole point of them, you don't want to be drinking elephant beer in India's heat. :S