British Comedy Guide

More great releases from Network to come Page 2

Mike88

• Thursday 21st August 2008, 11:37pm
  • Bedford, England
  • 243 posts

Hopefully as love Second Thoughts, Watching and Surgical Spirit. Hopefully the before 2009 indicates that 2009 will see a release of some if not all.

But IMO if they are wary of putting out remining series of Second Thoughts or Surigical Spirt why not just release the rest as a boxset... Anyway getting carried away they may still happen in 09.

btw cheers for enquiring Smilie

Aaron

• Thursday 21st August 2008, 11:50pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67263 posts

A box set is an even greater financial risk for them.

Mike88

• Friday 22nd August 2008, 12:35am
  • Bedford, England
  • 243 posts
Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2008, 7:50 PM BST

A box set is an even greater financial risk for them.

Suppose it would be but if they only did a limited run of roughly the number of S 1 DVD's sold.....oh who am I kidding it will never happen.

Jack Massey

• Friday 5th December 2008, 2:00am [Edited]
  • England
  • 2965 posts

And still. Get Some In! Series 2 is soon to come out but the Network release I can't wait for is The Galton & Simpson Playhouse, a Seven Of One style series in which seven one-off episodes are written by Galton and Simpson. Highlights of these include Richard Briers taking his wife to a wife swapping party without her noticing, and Leonard Rossiter starring in the brilliant I Tell You It's Burt Reynolds which I've seen the Paul Merton remake of and was very impressed. But the one I'm really looking forward for is Car Along The Pass where Arthur Lowe, my all time favourite comic actor, goes on holiday to the Austrian Alps and a German tries a conversation with him:
"I'm Heinze from Baden Baden."
"Oh yes, I'm Duckworth from Twickenham Twickenham."

Edited by Aaron.

Aaron

• Friday 5th December 2008, 2:44am
  • 67263 posts

Wow. Thanks Jack. Just had a look and there are some really good releases coming up from Network. Particularly looking forward to Two's Company Series 2, myself. Smilie

Jack Massey

• Friday 5th December 2008, 3:08am
  • England
  • 2965 posts

That is a show where I wouldn't mind getting the first series to see what it is like. I've seen the christmas special, but don't remember much about it. May get the first series, it looks very good and with a bit of watching, I could see myself likeing it.

Aaron

• Friday 5th December 2008, 3:40am
  • 67263 posts

Yes, I think you'd like it. Very good show IMO. Smilie

Jack Massey

• Tuesday 9th December 2008, 3:02am [Edited]
  • England
  • 2965 posts

I've got the Christmas Special of Two's Company somewhere. I'm going to dig it out and give it another watch tonight to decide whether or not to buy the DVD.

Jack Massey

• Wednesday 10th December 2008, 2:53am
  • England
  • 2965 posts

Just watched the Christmas Special. Not Laugh out Loud but extremely well written and well acted. Will definetly be interested in checking out the first series.

Aaron

• Wednesday 10th December 2008, 2:55am
  • 67263 posts

Get to it! Smilie

I've not seen the special, but I love what else of it I've seen.

Jack Massey

• Wednesday 11th March 2009, 10:19pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 2965 posts

Another great looking 1960s sitcom Network release coming on the 4th May. Pardon The Expression, Series 1. It stars Arthur Lowe as Leonard Swindley, a character he played in Coronation Street. Here Swindley is given his own sitcom spin-off. Most of the scripts by Powell and Driver. So I'll luck forward to this one, a sitcom starring my all time favourite actor, Arthur Lowe.
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9246241/-/Product.html]

Aaron

• Wednesday 11th March 2009, 10:30pm
  • 67263 posts

Ah, brilliant. I have a few episodes, so will be nice to see the rest. Smilie

Jack Massey

• Wednesday 11th March 2009, 10:32pm
  • England
  • 2965 posts

Are these few episode any good?

Aaron

• Wednesday 11th March 2009, 10:34pm
  • 67263 posts

A while since I watched them. Will stick them on again tonight and get back to you! Smilie