More great releases from Network to come

Network are releasing three very interesting looking DVDs on the 13th October. These are Get Some In! (Series 1), Hark At Barker and Six Dates With Barker (the last two are two complete series of ITV sixties style Seven Of One's starring the late great Ronnie Barker). I got a message from a friend about them. Only Play.com have twigged on to them yet.

Get Some In! - The Complete First Series
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3434003/-/Product.html]

Hark At Barker - The Complete Series
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6317782/-/Product.html]

Six Dates With Barker - The Complete Series
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6317774/-/Product.html]

Sorry, tell a lie, the Six Dates with Barker thing was like a sixties version of Seven of One, wheras Hark at Barker was an actual sitcom.

Yes, Network are coming up with the goods again over the next few months. There's a huge Tommy Cooper set coming up, and loads of others besides those mentioned.

Now all I need to do is win the lottery so I can actually afford them.

Aaron Brown, not in severe debt due to the credit crunch, but due to his interest in Allo Allo.

Haha, no debt, just tight.

Nothing wrong with being tight. It has kept me in good money for many years. What's the point in paying money to a gym to get fit when I can have a big paper round, just as much exercise and earn £20 a week.

Indeed, indeed. :)

But still nothing more release wise from Watching, Surgical Spirit, or even Faith In The Future and The Upper Hand.

Not surprised at the last two. Give Watching a bit of time. The fact that they released the second series sooooooooo long after the first would indicate that they have some faith in it. Which is always good!

What about the rest of the Shelley series on DVD? It's quite strange to release three series and then stop for so long.

Very frustrating. I literally check every single day to see if there is an announcement concerning the release of series 4.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2008, 3:38 PM BST

Yes, Network are coming up with the goods again over the next few months. There's a huge Tommy Cooper set coming up, and loads of others besides those mentioned.

Ooooo I like a bit of cooper.

Quote: monkeybeard @ August 17 2008, 12:34 PM BST

What about the rest of the Shelley series on DVD? It's quite strange to release three series and then stop for so long.

Very frustrating. I literally check every single day to see if there is an announcement concerning the release of series 4.

Releases tend to be announced on Fridays. Check over the weekend and you should find it if it's available!

Also no news on further series of Second Thoughts

Not surprised. I don't think that that sold very well at all! :(

Shame I liked it and jusging from the spine they planned it so when all series were in order next to each it would make a nice pic. Really wish they would release more of that series.

I have enquired, and there are no plans for further Surgical Spirit, Watching, Second Thoughts, or Shelley before 2009.

Let's hope that January brings some news.