- 1965 - 1966
- 37 (2 series)
- Arthur Lowe, Paul Dawkins, Robert Dorning, Betty Driver, Joy Stewart, Barbara Young, Holly Doone, John Le Mesurier and Anthony Sharp
- Harry Driver, Jack Rosenthal and Vince Powell
- Wally Butler and Michael Cox
- Harry Driver and Derek Granger
A spin-off from soap opera Coronation Street.
Leonard Swindley bids a fond farewell to Gamma Garments and takes up the position of Assistant Manager with the Northern branch of national chain store, Dobson and Hawks. His manager, Ernest Parbold, suffers from stomach trouble and is not one to suffer in silence. He sees Swindley as another fly-by-night appointment and is happy to lay the blame on Swindley if it makes his life easier.
Miss Sinclair is in charge of the floor staff and, together with the canteen manageress, Mrs Edgeley, provides Swindley with some sympathetic support in his new role. However, he is still capable of looking permanently harrassed and over-reaching himself in his search for social acceptance.
- Production company
- Black and white
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 2nd June 1965 on ITV at 7pm
- Last new broadcast
- Monday 27th June 1966 on ITV at 9:10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes