*you're*

Smarmy

Quote: billwill @ September 11 2012, 1:46 PM BST

*you're*

Smarmy

:D

And this is why I miss the Olympics.

Quote: chipolata @ September 11 2012, 1:14 PM BST

"Life on the streets"? What exactly is that, Oldrocker?

Perhaps not quite what I meant . . . but I do work in a social housing environment so perhaps the trials and tribulations of ordinary people trying to get along might be a better way of putting it.

That or they are a bunch of rich, disconnected former Eton wankers who care nothing for their fellow citizens and their lives if they don't come from the same socio economic background as they do . .

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 31 2012, 1:10 PM BST

I'm not comfortable with any animal sports. It hasn't got the same sort of abuse culture as horse and dog racing though. Still pretty nasty.

Also, how shit is judo? Very shit.

I'd like to see you try it. Have you ever been smashed to the floor with an ippon? Have you ever even had the guts to step on the tatami? No, I should think not. So get the guts to try it out before you critisize such a beautiful sport.

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2012, 1:19 PM BST

Yeah Judo is rubbish. Just want them to punch each other and get it over with.
Instead, they just pull at each others' shirts. Woo.

Errr... no. Just, no. You don't get it at all, do you? Judo is not karate. It's a grappling sport, involving throws and chokes. They pull at each others shirts to decrease their balance, thus increasing their chances of throwing their opponent through the air. Have you ever had the guts to step on a judo mat? Have you ever been on the recieving end of an ippon (google it). Punching isn't part of judo. Watch "101 Judo ippons" and you will see action beyond any crap punch or kick. Judo is an amazing sport, but don't underestimate it. It is dangerous, and even though you only see people pulling at each other's shirts, a throw is capable of much damage.

If you still think judo is "rubbish", do it for a month, then come back here and tell me you still think that.

Quote: chipolata @ July 31 2012, 1:25 PM BST

That's my kind of fight! No nasty injuries, just minor stitching damage.

No serious injuries? Hmm, someone at my dojo having two ribs smashed into his lungs and almost having his lungs punctures was DEFINITELY not serious.

Lol, it's just an opinion. And yes, I did try it once, so don't assume things. :)

I personally find Judo boring to watch, I'm sure millions of people love watching it. There's no reason to get tetchy with us for having opinions you disagree with.

Quote: zooo @ September 24 2012, 7:40 PM BST

I personally find Judo boring to watch, I'm sure millions of people love watching it. There's no reason to get tetchy with us for having opinions you disagree with.

That.

Melody, did you only join this site to tell us we don't know a thing about martial arts?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 24 2012, 7:57 PM BST

That.

Melody, did you only join this site to tell us we don't know a thing about martial arts?

Someone should give her the chop

Quote: Melody Shine @ September 24 2012, 6:50 PM BST

I'd like to see you try it. Have you ever been smashed to the floor with an ippon? Have you ever even had the guts to step on the tatami? No, I should think not. So get the guts to try it out before you critisize such a beautiful sport.

Errr... no. Just, no. You don't get it at all, do you? Judo is not karate. It's a grappling sport, involving throws and chokes. They pull at each others shirts to decrease their balance, thus increasing their chances of throwing their opponent through the air. Have you ever had the guts to step on a judo mat? Have you ever been on the recieving end of an ippon (google it). Punching isn't part of judo. Watch "101 Judo ippons" and you will see action beyond any crap punch or kick. Judo is an amazing sport, but don't underestimate it. It is dangerous, and even though you only see people pulling at each other's shirts, a throw is capable of much damage.

If you still think judo is "rubbish", do it for a month, then come back here and tell me you still think that.

No serious injuries? Hmm, someone at my dojo having two ribs smashed into his lungs and almost having his lungs punctures was DEFINITELY not serious.

Don't have an ipi!

Bizarre.

Anyway, not as bizarre as Birmingham bidding to host the Olympics in 1992...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=51636489

Aw, that's quite nice.

Quote: Tuumble @ September 24 2012, 9:08 PM BST

Bizarre.

Anyway, not as bizarre as Birmingham bidding to host the Olympics in 1992...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=51636489

Have the Brummies got a time machine? Nightmare!

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2012, 9:12 PM BST

Have the Brummies got a time machine? Nightmare!

If they have they've nicked it from The Black Country like they have with every other machine they've had !

Quote: Melody Shine @ September 24 2012, 6:50 PM BST

'101 Judo ippons' sounds like gripping stuff Melody.

However, if I need to see people pulling at each others clothes and grappling until their ribs are 'smashed' and lungs almost punctured - why watch Judo?

I'll just go down my local High St at 3am on a Saturday morning, like I experienced the other week, and watch 2 fat slappers in a Kebab shop - essentially brawling over some meat head bloke - about who's gonna get fingered by him first.

Actually the meat head in question diplomatically side-stepped the dilema by digitally pleasuring them both together as they stood side-by-side in the Mecca Bingo hall doorway, sharing lamb kebab and battered sausage.

I imagine he walked home later that night. I mean, you'd hardly whistle for a taxi would you?

Romance? Dead?