The Olympics Page 119

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Ha ha, Russia living up to its reputation with style. Downhill skiers threatening to pull out because it's too dangerous. Do me a favour, you become a pro at the most dangerous traditional sport there is, the odd triple black run shouldn't spook you. Was it a cosseted yank complaining by any chance?

Ruskies do danger very well, from nuclear power plants that melt to passenger planes that kill more people than military ones. They never made a decent motorcar for their people yet they made weapons so dangerous even the Germans used them instead of their own and copied them. So don't go to Russia if you like to be in a safe hi-viz bubble all the time. Just get on with it yanks, skiing's a dangerous sport. Part of the thrill surely? The Ruskies get that! (actually it's probably Canadians, they're the world's worst PC infested whiny whingers and health & safety nannies. Just, followed by us.) Angry

The ladies in the Snowboard Slope Style all have clean grabs apparently. It's good to know.

Breaking news: Jenny Jones first medal for UK. First ever on snow. Bronze Medal in the Slope Style. Radical, party-on, Waynes World! Waynes World!

Gold for Switzerland in cross Country.

Why don't they have the 'fly downhill on an old black bin bag' event anymore?

I would so 'medal' in that

Or how about the 'Create-a-Slide-on-the-Pavement-so-Old-Buggers-Will-Slip-and-Break-Their-Legs' event?

Yeah yeah yeah

Or

Or....

Oh yeah !

The encase a dog turd in a snowball then throw it at your mates head event

Favourite comment so far.

Ed: Yeh...yeh...I can feel the nerves in my lower intestine.

Graham: That's your testicle Ed

Second gold medal for Switzerland.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th February 2014, 8:01 PM GMT

Woo! :D They are on a roll... ;) >_<

I should think so. You are covered in snow. :)

The third one...and a bronze.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 11th February 2014, 9:05 PM GMT

I should think so. You are covered in snow. :)

Not at the moment, no snow at all, thank God for that. Best "winter" in years!*

* Hello zooo! ;)

Lets the athlete have good sleep for now.

Curling is snooker on ice. It's stupidly addictive imo like snooker, and just as time consuming.

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th February 2014, 11:55 AM GMT

You're right, those two freaks wouldn't look out of place in the snowboarding finals here. The US team were wearing jeans. A bit pathetic really isn't it, this American grungy obsession they all have? Ours should be doing it in smart suits.