The Olympics Page 118

Quote: Melody Shine @ September 24 2012, 6:50 PM BST

If you still think judo is "rubbish", do it for a month, then come back here and tell me you still think that.

Or Morris Dancing.

And that is an absolutely serious reply. Think you're fit? Try it. . . .

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2012, 8:01 PM BST

Don't have an ipi!

Or even an ipi ipi shake !

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 24 2012, 7:57 PM BST

That.

Melody, did you only join this site to tell us we don't know a thing about martial arts?

Sorry, I'm going to quit the site now, because I feel really bad about being so rude. I just get frustrated when people critisize judo. And no, I didn't just join it to tell you that you know nothing about martial arts, I joined to tell you not to underestimate judo ;)

I feel so rude now. Forgive me?

Quote: zooo @ September 24 2012, 7:40 PM BST

Lol, it's just an opinion. And yes, I did try it once, so don't assume things. :)

I personally find Judo boring to watch, I'm sure millions of people love watching it. There's no reason to get tetchy with us for having opinions you disagree with.

I feel so rude now, which I know I am. I'm really sorry.

Aw, don't leave!

We're nice really.

Quote: Melody Shine @ September 25 2012, 6:04 PM BST

I feel so rude now, which I know I am. I'm really sorry.

No harm done. :)

Dammit, is it too late to do my Jew-do gag?

(it's where you pay the fees up front and your Mum and Dad purchase the belts - it's honestly funny and not racist)

Very much looking forward the winter Olympics not least because I want to see how the ruskies cope with being genial hosts (not something they're noted for) and anti-terrorism agents, (noted world leaders and very creative at). Having KGB hero Putin as supremo just adds that bit more spice to affairs, I think he's great value. On a serious note certainly hope no nutters try to spoil the games.

Always preferred the winter games to the summer games, helps if you love snow of course but I just think the excitement value of events is much higher. My own favourites I'll be glued to are the Biathalon, a sort of James Bond event, Skiing, especially the slaloms, Ski Jumping and best of all the Ice Hockey or Fighting On Ice.

Medal table could be close between Russia and USA. Probably USA because there are so many new events now like snowboarding and freestyle showing off, which are full of grungy teen yanks. But I'm putting a fiver on Putin declaring them all gay and jailing them for two weeks and thus Russia winning. Come on you reds.

How come the Dutch are good at speed skating. Is it because their countries so flat it's easy to skate on?

Could be, and maybe those dikes ice over every year. Some make v little sense, like Aussies thrashing us at skiing. Funding maybe, or some countries just being bigger and more outdoorsy.

The Finns are great ski jumpers but Finland's as flat as Holland. Germany are good at practically everything but apparently get little snow now. I'd like to see more traditional events come in like iced lake swimming, off piste skiing and sledge racing, theses are all still popular in northern countries. Ice dancing is still an odd choice next to these.

I think I've only ever watched one Winter Olympics - the 1994 one. And I think that's only because Torvill and Dean were in it.

I know there's such as things as free will but I would heavily advise anyone except the top five of my most hated people not to tune in to Alan Davies' Apres Ski. It's a programme about nothing. Davies himself is clueless and is only there as he's a 'name'. They really are taking the piste-and that's funnier than anything on that programme. You have been warned.

Who are the top 5?

Quote: keewik @ 7th February 2014, 11:01 PM GMT

Who are the top 5?

1.Dale Winton
2.David Cameron
3.Dale Winton
4.Michael Gove
5.Dale Winton

*breathes sigh of relief*

Quote: roscoff @ 7th February 2014, 11:53 AM GMT

How come the Dutch are good at speed skating. Is it because their countries so flat it's easy to skate on?

It's because they excell at being good at stuff

here we seem them humiliating Wales by putting their brass band on bicycles

suck on that Wales and your ambulatory brass bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo8DlBkSW_w

Quote: keewik @ 7th February 2014, 11:06 PM GMT

*breathes sigh of relief*

Cheer up you only just made it into my top 10

Quote: sootyj @ 7th February 2014, 11:08 PM GMT

It's because they excell at being good at stuff

here we seem them humiliating Wales by putting their brass band on bicycles

suck on that Wales and your ambulatory brass bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo8DlBkSW_w

Easy. My Aunt Mildred used to play the cymbals and the trombone whilst peeling leeks for the under 34 Welsh Pickling Onions team. Suck on them big ones! Is what they used to say,

I've evidence that she was infact Dutch, did the clogs and private canal in her back garden not a give away.