Comedy Connections - Series 6 Page 6

It was a bit scary tbh

Well that is one way of looking at it, yes.

(I know what you mean. A look which strangely suits him. In a kind of creepy-yet-borderline-attractive kind of way.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xB-M_tYhLGU

Creepy is probably a better word than scary.

I thought Rab C. Nesbit was hilarious. I think the Glasgow accent is brilliant for comedy. Mikey from Big Brother has got a brilliant voice.

Can't wait for the Dad's Army one tonight.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 29 2008, 1:03 PM BST

Can't wait for the Dad's Army one tonight.

Indeed. Pity they didn't think to broadcast it when they had the 40th Ann. night the other week. Hopefully this one will not feature Jonathan Ross arsing about.

As a massive Dad's Army fan I'm looking forward to tonight but I can't help feeling that I'm not going to learn anything that I didn't know before.

Still- come on the Beeb- prove me wrong!

I liked the Sorry! one last week cos I love the show. Wonder why they're taking so long to release the DVDs as I got the first two series almost three years ago now, and series 3 is only being released in Feb next year!

Dan

Yeah, I loved 'Sorry' when I was a kid. Be tempted to see it now. I would hope it stands up better than a lot of sitcoms from back then.

The first two series are still as good as I remember. I recall it wasn't particularly stunning at the time; pretty standard studio sitcom about a man with his overbearing mother doesn't really date as much as you think it would. So still very enjoyable/funny when I watched it back. I'd still buy all the others when (if!) they do make it to DVD.

Dan

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 29 2008, 1:29 PM BST

Indeed. Pity they didn't think to broadcast it when they had the 40th Ann. night the other week. Hopefully this one will not feature Jonathan Ross arsing about.

Yes, that has baffled me, would have been perfect.

Maybe they didn't show CC with the JR salutes programme because there would have been too much crossover and repetition of stories/anecdotes etc.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

Quote: swerytd @ August 29 2008, 2:51 PM BST

Wonder why they're taking so long to release the DVDs as I got the first two series almost three years ago now, and series 3 is only being released in Feb next year!

Because the ones you've bought are from Universal Playback.

and?