Comedy Connections - Series 6

I read on Wikipedia that a new series of Comedy Connections is due to start on 18th July, with the first episode of the series covering Till Death Us Do Part. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know what other series are being covered?

Yes. I added that. It is correct.

Is it you who has opted to cover the series for the site?

Quote: Aaron @ July 3 2008, 9:59 PM BST

Yes. I added that. It is correct.

Is it you who has opted to cover the series for the site?

No, I didn't. You must be thinking of someone else.

OK, just wondering. The CMS is still pretty simple at the moment, so there's no easy way to see who's chosen to do what.

I'll update this thread when I find out what the other episodes may be.

Excellent news. When the show look liked it was cancelled, I felt that there were still a lot of good shows they hadn't covered, so it's great to see it return.

I'm not sure where all of the cancelled talk actually came from. Certainly didn't see anything 'official' myself. Only InterWeb speculation.

Yeah, I always wondered why exactly it had suddenly been cancelled, and it looks like it was just speculation. Then again it proves how inaccurate Wikipedia can be.

Any ideas on what shows should be covered. I think they could and should do one's for: Bottom, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Morecambe and Wise, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, Spike Milligan in Q, Fawlty Towers and possibly French and Saunders (although one on The Vicar Of Dibley seems more likely). Obviously those wouldn't all be in one series, so long as the show gets more series after this one.

I dunno, you've listed 7 there, and there have been 8 episodes in the previous 4 series'.

I highly doubt that that'd be the lineup though. I don't think that there's been one on a Galton & Simpson show yet though, has there? Hancock's Half Hour would be a very good place to start IMO.

I would see Q more as part of another episode than one of its own though.

Mary Whitehouse could be good!

One day they should do a Boosh one, as they use so many of the current crowd of comedians. Boosh, Marenghi, IT Crowd, Snuff Box, Nathan Barley, are all connected.

Very good thinking, Miss zoooski!

What about "Black Books"? There are connections with Father Ted, Green Wing, The IT Crowd, Love Soup, Shaun of the Dead, How Do You Want Me?, Notting Hill, Jonathan Creek, QI and Spaced.

For that matter, you could do "Spaced" as well.

Good news. A decent enough series - regardless of the content, it's always a good watch.

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2008, 12:36 AM BST

Boosh, Marenghi, IT Crowd, Snuff Box, Nathan Barley, are all connected.

And along with The Boosh are far too cult to be considered!

Well, maybe in ten years then, when they are the establishment.

Episode two is Yes Minister and Yes, Prime Minister.