Comedy Connections - Series 6 Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ July 10 2008, 10:18 PM BST

Episode two is Yes Minister and Yes, Prime Minister.

Oh good! Expect mentions of The Good Life, Going Straight and Heartbeat.

Not one on Dads Army yet. Big surprise.

Actually, one of them is. Rumouredly.

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2008, 9:01 PM BST

Actually, one of them is. Rumouredly.

Rumouredly?

I read that it would be an episode. But just from a user on another message board. Not the BBC website or anything. So it's just a rumour.

Episode 3: The Liver Birds.

Looking forward for tonight's episode on 'Till Death us do part'

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 18 2008, 1:18 PM BST

Looking forward for tonight's episode on 'Till Death us do part'

Me too although this sitcom has featured in a few reviews of British comedy. I bet Warren Mitchell will recollect again how he told a racist guy that the show was taking the piss out of them, not black people.

The connections side will be good though.

Tonight's episode, Til Death Us Do Part, has been pretty good.

I'm going to have to go out and get the 'In Sickness' DVD soon! I always remember watching that as a very young child.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 18 2008, 3:20 PM BST

Me too although this sitcom has featured in a few reviews of British comedy. I bet Warren Mitchell will recollect again how he told a racist guy that the show was taking the piss out of them, not black people.

The connections side will be good though.

Yes re-told that one again tonight. A great episode tonight. Good to see Kenny Lynch again very tempted to buy one of his CD's (I like his music) but don't want to be labelled a sad old git

According to the opening titles, the other shows being covered in this series are Dad's Army, Little Britain, Ripping Yarns, Sorry! and Rab C. Nesbitt.

I read those a couple of weeks ago on another site; first instinct was that Ripping Yarns is a bit of an odd one to be doing! Still, always grateful for any episodes. :)

I'm a bit of a Ripping Yarns fan. The series looks very good. Though I like Little Britain I think it's a mistake doing one on it - there are enough doocumentaries about it already.

Well this is terribly impartial: "...two years before Enoch Powell's speech invoking rivers of blood...". >_<

I guess the narration script has been written by some reactionary liberal nutter who's making judgement without having actually ever read the text of the infamous speech. Bah.

Watched 'The Liver Birds' documentary on Saturday, a sitcom I've never seen. Does anybody know why the shows co-writer Myra Taylor leave after so many series and does anybody know what Taylor is doing now?