Tell us a joke... Page 4

that honestly wasn't a slight its just how i scanned it,

Talk to me about cleaning my carpets sounds better, perhaps?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 17th October 2023, 9:31 AM

that honestly wasn't a slight its just how i scanned it,

None taken Teddy, just my brusque manner sometimes 😉

Fair enough

Quote: beaky @ 17th October 2023, 9:37 AM

Talk to me about cleaning my carpets sounds better, perhaps?

I blame Tim Vine

it takes 5 years to train a doctor
and 5 minutes for their receptionist to think that they're one as well.

Cliff Richards is a vampire ! He no longer casts a Shadow.

if you're a test tube baby does that mean your star sign is Pyrex?

Not bad.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 17th October 2023, 10:47 AM

it takes 5 years to train a doctor
and 5 minutes for their receptionist to think that they're one as well.

What annoys me at my surgery that used to be excellent and you could choose your doctor, is now after going through messages about not verbally abusing staff etc. etc., you are then told you will be put through to a "trained care navigator" who will then put you through to the correct department, and you are now (pick a number) in the queue.

A couple of points there 1/. what the bollocks is that title - you are simply a bloody receptionist and 2/. you are exacerbating the frustration of patients with lengthy messages, unnecessary and unwarranted titles, so it is little wonder they get pissed off.

Agreed Herc. They improve the job title rather than the salary, it's cheaper. I once had a practice manager misquote NHS guidelines on the phone, when I asked for a copy of the tape she got really rude. When I requested it in writing, they said they don't record them all. It's just easier to change surgery. The problem with closing ranks is it legitimises mal practice. Those recorded conversations should protect patients as well. Mind you, our jokes should be shorter shouldn't they ?

The man next door is 125 and the woman the other side of me is 121 and I live at 123.

An oldie but a goldy.

I said to my wife that someone had told me that the milkman was bragging that he had made love to every woman in our street except one.
She said it will probably be that snooty cow at number 26.

Another Oldie but goldie - Frank Carson? Can't remember whose that was originally

I used to worship exhaust pipes, until I became a catalytic converter