Game On Page 4

I bought the box set last week - it's just a matter of time before I call someone a skunkpussy. Best not talk to my mum for a few days...

Haha!

Quote: Tom G @ December 17 2008, 11:49 PM BST

Max Branning was also 'Kill Crazy' in Red Dwarf series 8

He also featured in a first series episode of One Foot In The Grave, as well as a C4 sitcom I saw one episode of, think it was called The Wilsons

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 5 2009, 11:23 AM BST

it was called The Wilsons

Which was written by Bernadette Davis - who co-wrote Game On.
:)

Good show. Really enjoyed it. Would like to disagree about Chaplin and Stuke but don't. Somebody earlier on this thread said 'Black Books' wasn't funny. I think that's a lifetime ban. Or should be.

I got the boxset a few years ago.

Ooo get you. ;)

This show was awesome. I miss it being on. I have the DVDs and catch it on Dave. But I remember how excited I used to get at new episodes... and I miss that.

I've just watched Series 1 of Game On and the first episode of Series 2. Then looked up why Ben Chaplin left after the first series and found this:

Chaplin was due to continue on 'Game On', but had to back out due to being offered the role of Brian in 'The Truth About Cats And Dogs'. His role in this movie signalled the beginning of his current movie career.

Has anyone seen The Truth About Cats and Dogs? Is it any good?

Not in my opinion.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 19 2009, 12:15 PM BST

His role in this movie signalled the beginning of his current movie career.

Yeah, who could forget all his show stopping performances in films like... ummm Huh?

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 19 2009, 12:18 PM BST

Yeah, who could forget all his show stopping performances in films like... ummm Huh?

There are a few films listed on his bio on IMDB, the most recent being Dorian Gray (due for release later this year), in which he plays Basil Hallward.

*checks IMDB listing* Hmm, The Thin Red Line is about the best film he's been in, and that's not saying much. He was fantastic in Game On though, I was dissapointed when he left.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 19 2009, 12:15 PM BST

Has anyone seen The Truth About Cats and Dogs? Is it any good?

I liked it. Nothing amazing but a perfectly pleasant romantic comedy.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 19 2009, 12:35 PM BST

*checks IMDB listing* Hmm, The Thin Red Line is about the best film he's been in, and that's not saying much. He was fantastic in Game On though, I was dissapointed when he left.

He has done very well in my opinion. I haven't seen Me and Orson Welles but to go from a BBC Two sitcom to starring in a Richard Linklater film is no mean feat.

Jury's out. ;)

Fantastic gag after the closing credits of episode 1 of Series 2. The three main characters are sitting on their couch, watching TV, one mentions that Roseanne will be on soon:

Martin: "I wonder who's playing Becky this week?"
Mandy: "Don't you just hate that when they keep the same character and change the actor!"
[Mandy and Martin then stare at Matt (Neil Stuke), who tries not to look guilty].

Top stuff! And Samantha Janus is indeed a fox.

There's another show with a reference like that... Um. I'll have a think and get back to you.