Game On Page 5

I just Googled the terms - sitcom charcter actor replaced - and didn't immediately find another show with such a reference, but did find a fun blog on sitcoms: http://sitcomdiable.blogspot.com/

This was a great sitcom, 'The Fury' on the last episode of series one was brilliant.

Ben Chaplin was awesome!

I really liked both series. The stand-outs for me were the neo-punk art band one in the first series..

..and the one in the second series where he gets caught in bed with Janus' gay friend, "practicing kissing with girls".

Funny.

Both?

There were three!

Think they were planning a fourth too but it didn't happen.

The guy who played Martin didn't go on to do much did he?!

Ginger tosser...

Actually he's a successful and very busy theatre actor.

Oh

Good!

Another one I loved. Gold should repeat this more often.

Must dig the box set of this out tomorrow. One of my all time favourite sitcoms.

It's definitely ripe for a one-off catch up episode. Doubt it will ever happen though.

First watched this last year. Sat down to my box set and ended up hooked, watching it all over one long weekend. Love it, cast changes and all.

One of my favourites! Couple of things have been bugging me about this for years though; when Mandy is revealed to be in a lot of debt Matthew grasses her up to the debt agency after she humilates him. This seems to go against his character, he was a bit selfish but not spiteful & after that it was hard to like him.
Another thing, the first 2 series were written by Andrew Davies & Bernadette Davis, but the 3rd was only written by Davis. Does anyone know why this was?

They split up?

The first series is notably the strongest but series two and three are still good. I have been looking for ages but does anyone know of any places (shops) where I can find the box set cheaply or the individual series? Would love to add them to my collection.