DVD Bargains Page 36

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ December 29 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

Best of Not The Nine O'clock News, Little Britain, Best of Steptoe and Son...

Best of James Cotter?

Quote: Morrace @ December 29 2009, 10:55 PM GMT

Best of James Cotter?

You won't find that in the bargain bin, surely?

Re: L+H - I didn't realise a slimline version was out. My complete collection of ammassed L+H DVD now occupy one full shelf in my writing room and kinda feels right... if you know what I mean.

:)

My only crit is the distributor's choice to organise the Hal Roach films by themes - It would have been a sod for them to work out but I'd have preferred chronological order - I like to watch things from early to latter in order because I can see how a particular show develops over time (Simpsons esp).

I agree. I'd much have preferred them chronologically. I'll probably end up skipping around watching them so myself, but a right pain.

Respectable.

£2.98 on Amazon
£2.99 on Play.com

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1020911/-/Product.html]

Quote: Morrace @ December 29 2009, 10:55 PM GMT

Best of James Cotter?

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 2:42 PM GMT

Not from I. I likes it. It is well written and acted. And, if nothing else, it probably paved the way for Alec Baldwin appearing in 30 Rock.

There was his role in Friends. And his many times hosting Saturday Night Live, which Fey obviously was involved in.

I saw a boxset of Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The American Office in Asda this morning for £10. That's nearly fifty-odd episodes.

Hmm, might get that one if I can find an Asda. Ta.

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2010, 10:48 AM GMT

I saw a boxset of Season's 1, 2 and 3 of The American Office in Asda this morning for £10. That's nearly fifty-odd episodes.

That's really good. Didn't enjoy the first season, but seasons 2&3 were class. Before it went a bit downhill.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ January 5 2010, 5:22 PM GMT

That's really good. Didn't enjoy the first season, but seasons 2&3 were class. Before it went a bit downhill.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

Well, I bought it. Not impressed at all with the box design but for that price I'm not complaining.

If you have a WH Smith nearby, check it out. They've got some seriously ludicrous prices going on. Yesterday at the Chancery Lane branch, I got the Ronnie Barker Collection box for £12.50! I mean, that's just silly, isn't it. Got to be worth a :O

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 13 2010, 10:00 AM GMT

If you have a WH Smith nearby, check it out. They've got some seriously ludicrous prices going on. Yesterday at the Chancery Lane branch, I got the Ronnie Barker Collection box for £12.50! I mean, that's just silly, isn't it. Got to be worth a :O

What the big'en that has '7 From 1' upto 'Clarence'?

Quote: The Rook @ January 13 2010, 12:22 PM GMT

What the big'en that has '7 From 1' upto 'Clarence'?

That very box, indeed.

Think I'll be heading down to Smiths soon...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 13 2010, 2:02 PM GMT

That very box, indeed.

Blimey! I bet you stood there thinking 'that can't be right'.