DVD Bargains Page 33

OK.

Bought that as well.

Your tree will sooo festive with all these baubles !

:D

Individual series of Men Behaving Badly for a pound from Poundland. Hurry, while stocks last.

Quote: David Carmon @ November 27 2009, 1:01 PM GMT

I really want Roseanne, but there's no way in hell I'm ever paying £140.00 ish for it :)

That is a bit steep. The individial series (seven, yes?) are now selling in Australia from $19 - $22 (about 10 quid), so equivalent 70 quid for the lot.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 8 2009, 10:47 AM GMT

That is a bit steep. The individial series (seven, yes?) are now selling in Australia from $19 - $22 (about 10 quid), so equivalent 70 quid for the lot.

9 series in total. I have series 1 from a few years ago and series 2 and 3 are quite cheap, sometimes a tenner, but anything after that seems to be between £14-£25 :(

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme: Complete BBC Boxset - £6.98 on Amazon

Quote: chipolata @ December 8 2009, 10:03 AM GMT

Individual series of Men Behaving Badly for a pound from Poundland. Hurry, while stocks last.

That's really good. Gutted they aren't in my local Poundland.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 8 2009, 12:41 PM GMT

9 series in total. I have series 1 from a few years ago and series 2 and 3 are quite cheap, sometimes a tenner, but anything after that seems to be between £14-£25 :(

In which case 90 quid for the lot - somewhat steep. Though stuff like Roseanne, Married With Children, Cheers and Home Improvement is often discounted here - 3-disc sets for A$15 (about 7 poond). While complete boxsets are often even better value. Not that I've been buying such stuff. Whistling nnocently

I had to order a DVD from ABC Shop in oz, Next of Kin series 1. The shipping cost almost as much as the DVD :) worth it though. I just want the other 2 series now.

I'm sure you could have found it somewhere nearer to home for much cheaper than that!

Quote: David Carmon @ December 9 2009, 9:55 AM GMT

I had to order a DVD from ABC Shop in oz, Next of Kin series 1. The shipping cost almost as much as the DVD :) worth it though. I just want the other 2 series now.

If you must buy DVDs from Australia, don't buy from the ABC Shop. It is one of the most expensive DVD retailers on the planet (though its outlets do have bargain tables, where stuff such as Barry Letts reading his autobiography Who and Me over three CDs can be bought for A$4). Just about any DVD for sale at the ABC Shop can be bought online (or in-store) from JB Hi-Fi for a cheaper price. The range of DVDs for sale in Australia is still quite abysmal.

It was the cheapest option. it even came up higher on eBay at the time.

Quote: Aaron @ November 3 2009, 7:55 PM GMT

Got Friends set today. Bit up on the price seen at the weekend (£39.71), but not terrible. Stopped in Tesco but an awfully shitty selection; no L&H. Will have to venture forth at some point.

Do you know that the complete Only Fools and Horse boxset is also in ASDA for £39.71.
You never struck me as the kind of person who likes Friends Aaron. I hate it myself, but for me the worst sitcom ever has to be Will and Grace.

Haven't really seen it until buying and watching it. I used to think it was as bad as you evidently do, and whilst some of it is tacky and clichéd, on the whole it's actually a fairly decent show.

Haven't seen more than 5 minutes of Will & Grace, so couldn't begin to comment.

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 10 2009, 11:24 PM GMT

Do you know that the complete Only Fools and Horse boxset is also in ASDA for £39.71.

Sure it's complete Jack?

There's a series 1-7 box knocking about at around that price but no specials.

They're advertising the complete set online for £73.93.

Quote: Aaron @ December 10 2009, 11:35 PM GMT

Haven't seen more than 5 minutes of Will & Grace,

Keep it that way !

10 years ago when Friends was actually on it probably wasn't cliched!
The amount of blatantly copied lines and phrases you see in shows since is amazing. (Although I suppose dozens of them have passed into common conversation now too).

I like Will and Grace, although I wouldn't buy it on DVD.